Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't a rant about the new charging cost structure...there's another thread for that...! - however, a question about access. I have previously used my ChargePoint RFID to charge at Ionity Gretna - as I find it more convenient than the app. Post the tariff change at the end of January, it stopped working - no warning, just "authorisation denied" on the charger. I've emailed ChargePoint to ask what's going on - no response yet. Reason for asking here is that a colleague has just let me know that he's successfully used ChargePoint to charge at continental Ionity chargers during February, and paid at the old flat rate...unfortunately, he's not been able to get to a U.K. charger to try it here.

Any other experiences to share...?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think the charging structure change meant that all the roaming partners needed to renegotiate their price plan with Ionity. I know NewMotion have updated their pricing, but looking on the Chargepoint app I can see that the Maidstone Ionity charger is still listed with the flat fee pricing. I suspect Chargepoint haven't renegotiated access under the new pricing.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the charging structure change meant that all the roaming partners needed to renegotiate their price plan with Ionity. I know NewMotion have updated their pricing, but looking on the Chargepoint app I can see that the Maidstone Ionity charger is still listed with the flat fee pricing. I suspect Chargepoint haven't renegotiated access under the new pricing.
Yes - that was my initial assumption. Was surprised my colleague had managed to charge on the continent though. No response from their customer support line yet...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts