Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife recently charges at the Winchester uni rapid and put in just over 10kwh. Very nice charger BTW. I noticed the charge to me credit card was nearly 11 pounds. Is this correct- around £1/kwh?
@ChargePoint GENIE?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I used that point in January. Used 8KWH and it cost me 34 Credits so £3.40. I believe if you have auto topup on it’ll take £10. You can look online or on the app to see your history.

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,613 Posts
As @Keiran saysIt sounds like you have Auto Top Up enabled - this means if your balance goes below zero, the system will automatically charge enough to return your balance to £10. That charge itself probably didn't cost £11!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
There is also a time limit on these chargers. There is an extra charge if you overstay. I think it is about 40 mins but it is shown on the machine.

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,613 Posts
There is also a time limit on these chargers. There is an extra charge if you overstay. I think it is about 40 mins but it is shown on the machine.
Is it not an hour on ChargePoint Genie? I had assumed that as only 10kWh had been taken, this must not have require do an overstay...but fair point, it is possible!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts