Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long time reader of this forum as I had a 16 plate GTE. Just taken delivery of my GTE advance mk7.5.

I have the two chargers brand new in the boot in plastic wrapping and one black carry bag. Just wondered whether there should be two carry bags, one for each charger?

·
Registered
Kona64
1,437 Posts
My 16 plate came brand new with 2 yellow cables [ one granny one type2-type2] each in matching black triangle shaped bags.
The granny brick was the now-older rubberised casing style.

Reactions: Carty

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Same as Carty, mine came with two bags, though they are a pain to repeatedly use, I'd much prefer if they were a bit stiffer so you could easily put the cable in them. And the car has nowhere to put them but rolling around in the boot or in the rear footwells.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,676 Posts
Same as Carty, mine came with two bags, though they are a pain to repeatedly use, I'd much prefer if they were a bit stiffer so you could easily put the cable in them. And the car has nowhere to put them but rolling around in the boot or in the rear footwells.
I used the two hooks on either side of the boot? The cables still took too much space, but at least did not roam around the boot freely. Anyway, two bags here as well.

Reactions: TomH and Carty

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 2018 GTE Advance came with 2 bags for both individual chargers.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I used the two hooks on either side of the boot? The cables still took too much space, but at least did not roam around the boot freely. Anyway, two bags here as well.
Yeah - Same here.
Use the hooks at each side of the boot by the wheel wells.
The bags have a catch on the handles of the bags, that has been designed to fit onto the hooks provided.
They are high up between the wheel well and the rear light cluster.
It will hold each bag against both sides of the boot.
I only carried the Type2 cable in the boot on a regular basis, just in case I could grab a quick charge while shipping.
But to be honest, this was extremely rare.
The “Granny” use to live on the garage wall, unless we where away for the weekend etc and then I would take it with us.
I could not live with having cables littering the boot all of the time sorry !.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies. I’ll contact the dealer and see if I can get hold of a second bag. I do find the bags quite useful as they do clip on to the hooks in the boot. Obviously don’t often need to take both out with me, but good to have them for storage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts