Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I purchased my first Leaf (30) 2016 model in the UK yesterday and am waiting for delivery back to Ireland. I've a quick question on the charging cable, I've previously owned a 330e and had a 16AMP outside wallbox fitted. I've no idea
what the make or model of it is but can check when I get home. The Leaf I purchased has the standard 3 pin charger as well as the faster cable. Will this fit directly into my home charger or will I need an adapter of some sort ?

When I look at pictures of the cable I used for the 330e and the Leaf one the pin setup looks different with leads me to believe I might need an adapter for the home charger ?

Thanks,
Dave..

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Hi, I purchased my first Leaf (30) 2016 model in the UK yesterday and am waiting for delivery back to Ireland. I've a quick question on the charging cable, I've previously owned a 330e and had a 16AMP outside wallbox fitted. I've no idea
what the make or model of it is but can check when I get home. The Leaf I purchased has the standard 3 pin charger as well as the faster cable. Will this fit directly into my home charger or will I need an adapter of some sort ?

When I look at pictures of the cable I used for the 330e and the Leaf one the pin setup looks different with leads me to believe I might need an adapter for the home charger ?

Thanks,
Dave..
330e supported type 2 cable.. Leaf 24 and 30 on the other hand support type 1. Do you have a tethered charger? If so you'll need to change the cable from type 2 to type 1

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts