Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I tried to charge in one of the Source London stations, I plug my cable on my eNiro try to charge but it couldn't connect to the Source London system, so I unplugged closed door and move the car forward 5 meters to the next station. And what is my surprise when the charger door didn't open!

I have tried to turn on off the car a few times, check that all doors are unlocked by pressing the keyring open button multiple times, and even tried the emergency charger release, but nothing of this seems to have worked. My charger door still stuck.

Have anyone else experienced the same? Any trick I can try our do I need to take it to the dealer?

I was just wondering what would happen if this occurs in the middle of a long road trip!

Thanks

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've seen a coke of people on here saying they had to pry the door open with a credit card.

Sent using Tapatalk (I'm on my phone so sorry for any auto correct screwups)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen a coke of people on here saying they had to pry the door open with a credit card.

Thanks Grant may have a go with that. Did a quick search but couldn't find any similar questions.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yes, it's a common problem. Give it an initial push to release the catch and then prise it open with a credit card type thing (I used to use my Polar card). Get it to the dealer when you can, they managed to free up mine.

·
Registered
421 Posts

Charge port flap

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Charge port flap

Bingo! "Flap" was the keyword.

Thanks again Grant! I will give it a go tonight.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it's a common problem. Give it an initial push to release the catch and then prise it open with a credit card type thing (I used to use my Polar card). Get it to the dealer when you can, they managed to free up mine.
Thanks David will try with my "Source London" card ;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
In the Nirio PHEV there is an orange release cable in the engine compartment that enables you to release the cable/open flap. Not sure in the BEV though

·
Registered
180 Posts
But this is not really the answer. If you look in the back of the hinge you'll see a couple of dimples an inch or two in from the face of the flap. These are part of a mechanism designed (??) to stop the flap from flicking right open, just ajar. If you use some spray grease in this area and work the flap a bit, it opens as it should again. WD40 might do the trick too but grease should last longer. Ours still pops open properly several weeks on.

·
Registered
302 Posts
This is a known problem, if you take it to dealers they will do a fix. Had same issue with mine, used wd40 which worked for a while, first service mentioned to dealer they said it's ok a known issue and have a fix. Looks like they shaved the hinge a bit, opened ok ever since.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But this is not really the answer. If you look in the back of the hinge you'll see a couple of dimples an inch or two in from the face of the flap. These are part of a mechanism designed (??) to stop the flap from flicking right open, just ajar. If you use some spray grease in this area and work the flap a bit, it opens as it should again. WD40 might do the trick too but grease should last longer. Ours still pops open properly several weeks on.
Thanks Richard, seems to behave after I open it yesterday but I will add some grease to it to avoid further problems

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is a known problem, if you take it to dealers they will do a fix. Had same issue with mine, used wd40 which worked for a while, first service mentioned to dealer they said it's ok a known issue and have a fix. Looks like they shaved the hinge a bit, opened ok ever since.
Thanks Spark, I will mention next time I go to the dealer. Cannot be bothered to go just for this when there is a work around ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts