Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
11,027 Posts
Forget British Gas.
Forget 2nd guess forum replies.
Get a decent local sparky in, explain what you want. The sparky will explain options and what's required. That's what they do.
If there's a "paid for" install via BG it is worth getting them to suggest what they would do as well as following the rest of @freddym 's advice. There are some potentially creative solutions that a decent Sparky "on the ground" can work through to come up with the best solution.

One question to ponder is whether you want to "future proof" your installation by looking to install a 32A charge point for when you go to a full BEV or whether you are looking for a medium term solution and will accept a 16A one for ease of installation.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
11,027 Posts
My DNO should upgrade the fuse for free but what would be a reasonable charge by BG for supplying and fitting the priority box etc. so I can check they are not going to rip me off?
Don't get them to do it, get a local Sparky to do it as they'll be cheaper and do a better job even if BG will do it at all.

Really you need two priority boxes or a charge point that will manage its load based on overall usage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.