Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My other half lives in an apartment building that has an underground private car park (about 75 spaces), and the management committe have stated they have received requests from residents for whether they can install a charger for residents to use.

Does anybody know of any commercial companies that will install and manage chargers in this type of environment? (i.e. management company won't foot the electricity bill so needs charge per use capability)

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,780 Posts
Pod-Point?
I was going to suggest this yesterday, but if I am not mistaken Pod Point chargers use mobile data connectivity, as do other common names like Chargemaster. In an underground car park if you can't get signal down there you're either going to be in a situation where you can't authorise a charge session, or it reverts to free vend in which case the management can't charge for usage.

Rolec's EVCharge.Online network comes with the option to give most of their charging units your own internet connection I believe? Alternatively they offer token operated chargepoints instead where no networking would be necessary and you could just buy tokens to charge.

Usually I would tell people to be wary of Rolec as some of their cheaper models aren't quite waterproof. Since it's going to be inside that isn't a real concern.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
...Usually I would tell people to be wary of Rolec as some of their cheaper models aren't quite waterproof...
Not quite waterproof isn't the main concern with these, here in UK. This is the biggy:

Both these Rolec-branded RCBO deserve to go in the bin asap, imho. And get replaced by Garo or other reputable brand item. Then you end up with an easily maintained & repaired EVSE.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,780 Posts
Not quite waterproof isn't the main concern with these, here in UK. This is the biggy:
View attachment 141157

Both these Rolec-branded RCBO deserve to go in the bin asap, imho. And get replaced by Garo or other reputable brand item. Then you end up with an easily maintained & repaired EVSE.
Is that still ongoing? I Thought that they had sorted this out long ago!

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
That green-labelled one is what they replaced the blue one with, I believe. And we've seen 2 or maybe 3 failures of these, as per the pic. Looks like they're continuing to cheapskate wrt the RCBOs they use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts