Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Sorry, another question from me.
Since I can't find a comparison list of chargers, I'm hoping you out there can let me know of any chargers that have the below:
  • Scheduling
  • Load Management (I'm on a 60a fuse and will cost to upgrade, so would be easier to just ensure I don't charge when kitchen is in full swing).
  • Possible integration with solar (I haven't got yet but planning on in a few years).
Thanks.
Alan

·
Wightleaf
30 Posts
Hi all
Since I can't find a comparison list of chargers, I'm hoping you out there can let me know of any chargers that have the below:
  • Scheduling
  • Load Management (I'm on a 60a fuse and will cost to upgrade, so would be easier to just ensure I don't charge when kitchen is in full swing).
  • Possible integration with solar (I haven't got yet but planning on in a few years).
Thanks.
Alan
I have a Zappi which uses the Solar and can charge at lower speed if needed, you can mix solar with the grid to charge your vehicle when required, most wallboxes require 32amp on a single phase supply, hope that helps.

·
jim5452
451 Posts
I can only speak for ZAPPI from MYENERGI, which is expensive if you do not have SOLAR, however it do'es have all the things you have listed;
Scheduling in various forms
Over Load Prevention
Solar Only, Solar and Grid mix also Grid only
I believe there is one called ANDERSEN which has a thread somewhere on the forum, but I do not know much about it

·
Registered
420 Posts
I believe Pod Point can do load management now and also scheduling. It doesn't currently do solar diversion, but I hear it's a planned future development that existing units will be compatible with. If Solar is important to you then Zappi is probably the way to go.

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Hi all
  • Scheduling
Thanks.
Alan
Here's a slightly out of date comparison list.

Baldrick's Home Charger Master Sheet | Speak EV - Electric Car Forums

You could update and repost!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'll have a look into them. My default is for a zappi but it's quite pricey with install, hence seeing if anything else will do. Solar is not a priority (as I don't have them now nor know if I ever will in this house) but the option would be good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you're aiming for a budget charger, I recommend the 11kW Smart Home Wallbox by EN Plus. It's cheap (350 or thereabouts), but it still has fairly decent specs and a great app. You can program it to custom charging patterns (even different patterns for weekend/workdays) and automatically avoid peak electricity prices. Its also equipped with an energy meter for load balancing. Not sure about solar integration, though.
Downside: Its not eligible for OLEV grants yet, which is why I choose Ohme (specs here). Ohme also has the features you're looking for (again not sure about solar), plus the Octopus tariff is great imo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hypervolt 2.0 now updated firmware and App for Solar Charging at Eco mode 1.4 kW solar only, Boost Mode combining solar and grid at full 7 kW. Installed with grant £630 less if you are
eligible for further Hypervolt discount (£580)... £50 see website. My newly installed 5.2 kW PV and Hypervolt solar charge 10% in four hours of sunshine at Eco mode 1.4 kW (6 Amps selectable in Hypervolt App) charging alongside iboost+ to heat the water, very happy with the setup. Charging Mercedes EQA 250 Prem + with apparently NO Schedule Charging facility in the Mercedes Me App; shame on you Mercedes.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 Iconic
215 Posts
Ohme also has the features you're looking for (again not sure about solar)
Not yet, but hopefully soon.

From Ohme's FAQs:

Does Ohme support home solar integrations?
Unfortunately, we do not yet support solar integrations, but we are working on it.
I believe the new Ohme Home Pro already has the required CT clamps, so it's "only" a matter of firmware/app updates.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts