Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Peugeot e-2008 GT-LINE
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that from next year all chargers will need to be able to accept contactless card payment and also not charge more than if subscribed to network this is finally what everyone needs (y)

Registered
I've heard that from next year all chargers will need to be able to accept contactless card payment and also not charge more than if subscribed to network this is finally what everyone needs (y)
Interesting. Where did you 'hear' that?

Last I heard was about contactless payment, but not about the parity with subscriptions.

I'm not saying that it's not true, but I find it hard to believe that companies would not be allowed to make their subscription service cheaper then PAYG.

Registered
Peugeot e-2008 GT-LINE
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. Where did you 'hear' that?

Last I heard was about contactless payment, but not about the parity with subscriptions.

I'm not saying that it's not true, but I find it hard to believe that companies would not be allowed to make their subscription service cheaper then PAYG.
I attended an Octopus energy Zoom session which was very good, I asked some questions regarding charging and was informed of this from the OctopusEV guy.

Registered
I attended an Octopus energy Zoom session which was very good, I asked some questions regarding charging and was informed of this from the OctopusEV guy.
I can't find any official documents online confirming that.

The last I heard was...
"The government has today (15 July 2019) set out that it wants to see all newly installed rapid and higher powered chargepoints provide debit or credit card payment by spring 2020. "
All new rapid chargepoints should offer card payment by 2020

Registered
Peugeot e-2008 GT-LINE
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that's exactly what I had seen but apparently no higher charges for contactless card soon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts