Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many times do you use your charger app ?
Do you actually use the app every time ?
How facinating it is to use that app means how was the experience using those Apps ?
How much time do you spend on those apps ?

Its for any smart charger app.
Thank you

·
Registered
363 Posts
Once, to set up any smart features - like getting it to vary the charge rate based on time of use electricity tariffs. Then never touch it again. You just plug the vehicle in. A button on the chargepoint lets you override any delayed charging mode, in case the charge is urgent.
I'm guessing you're referring to 'smart' home chargers.
It wasn't an app, it was a web page.

Public charging : Way too often, and there's way too many of them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once, to set up any smart features - like getting it to vary the charge rate based on time of use electricity tariffs. Then never touch it again. You just plug the vehicle in. A button on the chargepoint lets you override any delayed charging mode, in case the charge is urgent.
I'm guessing you're referring to 'smart' home chargers.
It wasn't an app, it was a web page.

Public charging : Way too often, and there's way too many of them.
Yes, i was referring to smart home charger.
I am happy with your answer.
I want to know which charger are you using currently ?
And is the monitored charging data helps you in any ways. Does your app notifys you if there is any fault happened on the charger ?
lastly As all of this is a step to clean the environment. So, How you are monitoring your carbon footprint or waste footprint ?

Hope you like the ques. :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yes, i was referring to smart home charger.
I am happy with your answer.
I want to know which charger are you using currently ?
And is the monitored charging data helps you in any ways. Does your app notifys you if there is any fault happened on the charger ?
lastly As all of this is a step to clean the environment. So, How you are monitoring your carbon footprint or waste footprint ?

Hope you like the ques. :)
I'm currently using OpenEVSE and testing a hardware mod for a simple 'override delay' button so that there's no need to fiddle around with a computer or mobile phone to adjust things if I really need the vehicle charged as fast as possible..
My electricity supplier only sources renewable energy, but I choose to configure the charge point to slow the rate of charge during lulls in renewable generation, such that the grid as a whole can be a bit less polluting with less need to burn fossil fuels to feed the electricity grid. On a large scale, this sort of thing has a tiny effect, but it's the sort of configuration that should be standard.
Fault conditions are displayed on the chargepoint itself, typical RGB status lights, and it's fairly obvious when the car is charging, the charging lights on the car are on.
There is no app as such. Just a configuration web page served over wifi.
Openenergymonitor can draw the pretty graphs if I want it to.
Monitoring waste footprint? That's easy - I can see how much recycling I generate when the bins are collected. It's sadly mostly plastic packaging. Can't think that an app can help with that.
Yes, I'm aware that I'm more technically competent than many.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm currently using OpenEVSE and testing a hardware mod for a simple 'override delay' button so that there's no need to fiddle around with a computer or mobile phone to adjust things if I really need the vehicle charged as fast as possible..
My electricity supplier only sources renewable energy, but I choose to configure the charge point to slow the rate of charge during lulls in renewable generation, such that the grid as a whole can be a bit less polluting with less need to burn fossil fuels to feed the electricity grid. On a large scale, this sort of thing has a tiny effect, but it's the sort of configuration that should be standard.
Fault conditions are displayed on the chargepoint itself, typical RGB status lights, and it's fairly obvious when the car is charging, the charging lights on the car are on.
There is no app as such. Just a configuration web page served over wifi.
Openenergymonitor can draw the pretty graphs if I want it to.
Monitoring waste footprint? That's easy - I can see how much recycling I generate when the bins are collected. It's sadly mostly plastic packaging. Can't think that an app can help with that.
Yes, I'm aware that I'm more technically competent than many.
How amazing you are. I love it.
you are in the top people who are very aware of climate conditions and also technically advanced to take right decisions.
Your approach of for monitoring your footprints is pretty good. But as you are self pumped for this work, there are other more people who are kinda lazy or haven't think to do this. For those people an app could be a better answer to awake them and to motivate them to serve for the best.
Like in your approach people cant monitor the data and also cant challenge themselves to no to do shitty things which affects the climate in a bad way.
How about that ?
also how you dump your plastic waste ?
sorry i am bit loosing my way from chargers :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts