Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got slightly caught out last Saturday night in Guildford and was wondering if any locals might be able to advise where there are any charging points please? Are the ones showing at the Ripley A3 services real or are they like other Little Chef ones that have been removed?

I have lots of friends in the area but am unlikely to ever make the journey in daytimes as I'd usually go up there for a night out, so after hours would be good! Thank you!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Unfortunately Guildford is terrible for charging points. The only one I am aware of is Bishops Nissan in Walnut tree close. They are my local dealer and have been really helpful. I saw your post about nearly getting stuck and it sounds like an awful experience. Please dont be put off the car based on this.
If you are passing Storrington on your route then you have always got the free chargers there. Only 13a but well worth having.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately Guildford is terrible for charging points. The only one I am aware of is Bishops Nissan in Walnut tree close. They are my local dealer and have been really helpful. I saw your post about nearly getting stuck and it sounds like an awful experience. Please dont be put off the car based on this.
If you are passing Storrington on your route then you have always got the free chargers there. Only 13a but well worth having.
Thanks Paul. Sadly the dealer charger doesn't seem to be available after hours and by the time I got close to Storrington I was too scared to try in case they weren't working! definitely not my idea of fun. Do you know if the supposed charger on the A3 is actually there or not please?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a search on Open Charge Map and as you can see... there is a huge hole in the Surrey/Sussex area. View attachment 2134

Yep, if you drew a line from Guildford to Arundel that's about my route :(

At least I now know I need to take the hubby's petrol car next time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts