Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone mentioned that a Rapid Charger had appeared at a local Filling Stations - not sure where?
I've found a very, very strange ways of finding 'chargers at filling stations' - and I'm more that a bit confused - help?
I was researching my route down the W of Scotland and on the "Visit Scotland website I am told that for Scottish EV charging the map to consult is (you won't believe this!) - on the LPG Map website at http://www.lpgmap.co.uk/index.php
Sure enough it says in the first para "As well as LPG (or Autogas) you can also find Bio-Diesel filling stations and Electric Vehicle Charging stations (or EVC's) by postcode or town name." The site certainly seems to be sponsored by the oil companies and supermarkets with filling stations).
Of course when I look around Oban, Glasgow etc there are no EVCs - as they call them.
So I check for here in Berkshire - still no EVCs. As a random search I try Birmingham and find loads of EVCs! I think they are all Elekotrabay?
So if there are any subscribers who like a conundrum - try you nearest town /city and see what you find? If you find and EVC near you - check it out?

In the meantime, I'll be looking how to get from the outer Hebrides to civilisation on one charge!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ecotricity has those 2 rapids at:
BP Ewood Service Station, Bolton Road, Blackburn Lancashire, BB2 4LA
BP Loxford Service Station, 433 Ilford Lane, Ilford Essex, IG1 2PG

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Northern Ireland checking in..North of Enniskillen on the A32 Irvinestown road (BT942LA postcode from google streetview) we have a Topaz filling station beside the Trory roundabout that has a ChaDeMo/type 2 rapid charger onsite..unfortunately,the streetview image doesn't currently show the charger as it's from 2011 and I've only noticed it there within the past year!
ps- Ecar.NI is the body here supporting EV infrastructure..their website has a map of currently available locations..unsure how accurate their update is,though..

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! I've yet to dip my toe in(Edit-that was last week..!) and buy an e-car,but I figure it's only a matter of time..ecar.ni sponsored some meet and greet functions to let people see and try out some cars earlier this year..I got a spin in a twizy,a leaf,a Zoe,and a RX i3...well impressed...I picked the handle as I currently have an e-bike!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! I've yet to dip my toe in and buy an e-car,but I figure it's only a matter of time..ecar.ni sponsored some meet and greet functions to let people see and try out some cars earlier this year..I got a spin in a twizy,a leaf,a Zoe,and a RX i3...well impressed...I picked the handle as I currently have an e-bike!
Edit-now approaching the end of my first week with a Zoe! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts