Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Useful to hear for me here in Shropshire. Tried to ring to confirm availability in the past but no one available who knew so could not risk it.

Did you find out the hours they are available / do they need turning on / is there a contact person / is there a charge / . Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Useful to hear for me here in Shropshire. Tried to ring to confirm availability in the past but no one available who knew so could not risk it.

Did you find out the hours they are available / do they need turning on / is there a contact person / is there a charge / . Thanks!
Posts are in the main car park so are available all day.
Just turn up and charge:)
Its also Free;)

When we got there we asked the person directing you where to park where the EV chargers were. It turned out he parks his ICE in the space so he quickly moved so we could park and charge. He said we were only the second EV to use it. They had a leaf a while back that only just made it into the car park with no charge left.:rolleyes:
Powis Castle has some amazing gardens!!
Had a great day.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Charged there yesterday (when driving up the car park, look for the two white blobs to the left of the wooden hut at the top of the able-bodied car park, these are the charging posts). As I was leaving another Leaf drew up and so I was able to let them have the Type 2 outlet (they had connected up to the 13A outlet as it was the only one vacant, and that would have taken them ages to get enough charge to get to their destination - they had missed the Rapid at Oswestry (and were seriously wondering whether to double back to it!).

If you are going to the cafe, let the staff in the hut (garden sales shop) know in case someone else arrives, as there is no mobile signal in the cafe!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts