Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious goings on here tonight. First Supercharging attempt - power for around a minute then a fail. Moved car to second Supercharger. All good for maybe 10 minutes then it failed. Dashed outside to stop, then re initiate and it failed more quickly the next time. Maybe two minutes. In and out several times to stop then re - start. Multiple failures in quick succession. Harumph. Moved the car back onto the first Supercharger and no joy at all. Arghh. Nothing for it but to dig out the CHAdeMO adapter from underneath loads of luggage.

So I moved the car onto the Ecotricity rapid, fitted everything together, presented the RFID and initiated the charge.

Carlos, Dale I take it all back. You guys are the greatest. So much for that Tesla EVSE rubbish. Nissan and Ecotricity you ROCK, I'm thinking.

Back inside to the by now congealed KFC. Munch, munch, slurp slurp. Then after a further five minutes yet another heart sinking notification pops up. The umpteenth in the last 30 minutes. Chargus interruptus again.

Anyone have a clue what is causing this?

·
Registered
14,908 Posts
Very odd - I've never had a problem with Superchargers.

At a guess this may have been a local supply issue.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking that too, but maybe Ian Fleming was right? "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times, it's enemy action."

·
Zoe Devotee
8,738 Posts
don't worry if it's knackered a pile of chargers, a Zoe will get blamed. ;)

hope you get your issue resolved swiftly though, a failed charge sucks.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Tesla are on it. There's a service engineer up there now checking things, just had a pleasant chat with him. Only told them about it an hour ago, and I'm Supercharging successfully at Folkestone(y)

·
Registered
590 Posts
I charged there last night, It was really busy, I'm surprised that you got onto the Ecotricity chargers. There was a white Tesla charging when I arrived and a silver Audi parked at the other Tesla super charger.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,738 Posts
I charged there last night, It was really busy, I'm surprised that you got onto the Ecotricity chargers. There was a white Tesla charging when I arrived and a silver Audi parked at the other Tesla super charger.
Last known working charge at site... I call first! LEAF breaks charger and Superchargers by nearby association. ;)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think all the electricity had simply been usedo_OTesla guy this morning said he and another customer were charging fine, but he is going to pull all the charge logs from the Superchargers anyway. To double check I'm not just a bullshitter probably:D

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is my car:cry:

Tesla want to see it when I'm back, but that is 450 miles now, and another country away.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,738 Posts
There was a Zoe before me, so I'll say that it was that,
Are you saying you didn't get a charge because it was already broken? In which case why didn't you report it all ready.....:p

·
Zoe Devotee
8,738 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts