Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to try out the supercharger that Tesla have installed however I saw a lot of other charging infrastructure there

There were 10 type 2 chargers - could not tell if they were 7 or 22kw using source london cards

Also a Chademo of a type I have never seen before, was told it was broken and they were not sure if its ever going to work.

Two Tesla supechargers, soon to be six,

Seems the Crystal is one of the best setup charging places in the country, great if you planning to goto the O2, its a cable car ride away over the river.

Anyone seen one of these before ?

·
Super Moderator
7,593 Posts
Yeah there's one in Corby, but branded as a Siemens unit. The screen is clearer than the DBTs and it goes up to 125a, seems good to me!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Flaninacupboard I was told it was Portuguese but marketed by Siemens, strange that a German tech company would use that well known electrical engineering country Portugal :)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Today I went to try out the supercharger that Tesla have installed however I saw a lot of other charging infrastructure there

There were 10 type 2 chargers - could not tell if they were 7 or 22kw using source london cards

Also a Chademo of a type I have never seen before, was told it was broken and they were not sure if its ever going to work.

Two Tesla supechargers, soon to be six,

Seems the Crystal is one of the best setup charging places in the country, great if you planning to goto the O2, its a cable car ride away over the river.

Anyone seen one of these before ?
Hi Jon, It looks from the web site that all the chargers at the Crystal in E16 are offline for "essential testing" - are they working as far as you could see ? as I was planning to visit in the Zoe and have a look round the exhibition but it is at the end of my range there.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ones behind the barrier (you just ask security to let you in) seemed to be online, however no cars were plugged in so hard to tell if they are really working. Also no way to tell if they were 7 or 22kw that I could tell

There are a lot of 7kw nearby and a 22kw ecotricity charger about 3 miles away

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Thanks Jon, I think I will wait till September when they are confirmed to be working , as it would be nice to leave car on charge , view the exhibiton, then maybe take the Emirates sky ride across the river. (and kids will back at school by then !)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts