Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to the Olympic Park in Stratford today and managed to charge for 3 hours at the Westfield shopping centre using my Source East Card.

Stratford Westfield.jpg

Very Happy as I managed 92.5miles on 18.2kwh. Works out at 5.08miles per Kwh

92.5 on 18.2.jpg

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
These are very useful, only downside is the outrageous £5 parking charge. If you are only going to the olympic park or tube you can park next door in the international station car park for 6 hours at £3 where they also have 2 seldom used chargers :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
The one time we went there 14 of the 15 chargers were ICED. It was a Sunday afternoon and very busy but even so...

At least we were lucky enough to get the 15th and get a charge. (Also with my Source East card, I wonder if the roaming arrangement will carry on now Source London has new owners.)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Is it me or is £5 not unreasonable to park in London. I drove today and parked near Oxford St and it cost £30. I did manage to charge whilst parked. Still works out good value compared to train fare and convenience

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Is it me or is £5 not unreasonable to park in London. I drove today and parked near Oxford St and it cost £30. I did manage to charge whilst parked. Still works out good value compared to train fare and convenience
Quite right - £5 is not outrageous for london but it seems dear to me for stratford for 2 hours 5 minutes, remember you can park 4 hours free on street in city of westminster and charge for free at same time with source london !! (At the moment , anyway)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the way I look at it. It cost me about £8.00 to go to Westfield Stratford from Dunstable including the parking charge in my Ampera . If I was on Petrol it would have been £20.00 and two people going by train would have been over £50.
I am happy paying £5.00 for parking and getting a free charge:)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Yes agreed that's a good saving, but my point was you can park next door in the stratford international station car park for £2 less ( where the attendant is pleased to see ev's and stops the chargers getting iced) . ;)

This is the way I look at it. It cost me about £8.00 to go to Westfield Stratford from Dunstable including the parking charge in my Ampera . If I was on Petrol it would have been £20.00 and two people going by train would have been over £50.
I am happy paying £5.00 for parking and getting a free charge:)

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Yes agreed that's a good saving, but my point was you can park next door in the stratford international station car park for £2 less ( where the attendant is pleased to see ev's and stops the chargers getting iced) . ;)
That's a good bit of inside info, will bear that in mind for future trips to London. I can almost get to Stratford on a full charge from home (with a tail wind and good luck), so that would be spectacular !

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's a fantastic bit of info for me, I'm headed to the Lee Valley Velodrome for The Revolution series event next month, and if I can save the couple of quid, all the better. ;)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Oh it's perfect for the velodrome . The velodrome is actually one of the few places in the park with free parking but may be full for a big event. The charging bays are first ones on right as you enter stratford international station car park - though I notice they have now been marked disabled (probably from lack of use). You will need source east or london card and you get half hour free parking in case they are iced or out of order !

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
No Iceing today but plenty of taxlanders not charging in charging spots. Boo outlanders boo.

Also should mention I am also in the outlander but am charging :p

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm staying a couple of nights next week so £6 for 24 hours including fast overnight charging suits me. Has anyone here charged at Westfield Shopping Centre car park recently? I read quite a lot about Source London points being out of action and am wondering whether it will be ok to arrive at Stratford with a low SOC.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm staying a couple of nights next week so £6 for 24 hours including fast overnight charging suits me. Has anyone here charged at Westfield Shopping Centre car park recently? I read quite a lot about Source London points being out of action and am wondering whether it will be ok to arrive at Stratford with a low SOC.
I used westfield a few weeks back without problem (Source London card and i3)

Plugshare and ChargeMap have useful comments section for chargers so you can see if people have charged successfully.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I'd say yes, but depends what time you will be arriving, as to how low you want to go with a SOC

·
Registered
659 Posts
I tried to use the Car Park A chargers today with my Source London card ( all the chargers have source London written on them). Card Invalid. I rang Source London they said the software in the chargers is wrong. I'd rather they didn't have them at all than waste my time finding them only to be told they are not set up properly.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I tried to use the Car Park A chargers today with my Source London card ( all the chargers have source London written on them). Card Invalid. I rang Source London they said the software in the chargers is wrong. I'd rather they didn't have them at all than waste my time finding them only to be told they are not set up properly.
Did you try many of the chargers ? There are a few that don't work with my card.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts