Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, wondering if anyone else is having this issue? I set the onboard charge scheduler to start charging at 2am (see screenshot of my notifications).

It had 49% state of charge and I set the limit to 60%. The notification tells me it stopped charging at 3:02am at 59% so it's 1% short. Not a big deal as I'm sure there's probably just some gremlins that stopped it slightly short.

BUT, when I opened up my app the state of charge is actually at 55%. I went out to my car to double check and it is indeed at 55% so it's a whole 5% off!

There is no schedule set on my home charger as it doesn't have that ability (it's a dumb charger) so not sure what could be causing this? The only thing that I can think of is the cold temperature as it was cold(ish) last night, about 7C. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
It is very common for the car to report 1% less battery available due to the battery not being warm. As the battery temperature drops further, is not rare to see 5% less battery available. If I recall correctly, anything more than 2 or 3% triggers the display of the ice symbol and blue band in the battery display. The energy is still stored in the battery, just reserved for when the battery is warmer.

My guess is that's what's happening with you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I suspected it was the cold. Definitely wasn't an issue with the car going to sleep as it remained plugged in, so even if it failed to sleep there wouldn't be any drain.

Oddly enough, I did another charge tonight - set the limit to 65% and woke up with 70% SoC. So that missing 5% has come back haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts