Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I am a happy owner of a Nissan e-NV200, but I have a question; When charging in a public pole, I'm worried that someone can steal my cable, you can pull it out of the car without a problem, is this normal? My brother has a Nissan Leaf and he tells me that the cable can not be pulled out, he has to unblock the cable from inside his car. Is the situation on my e-NV 200 normal?
Thanks.
Wiebe

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi folks, I am a happy owner of a Nissan e-NV200, but I have a question; When charging in a public pole, I'm worried that someone can steal my cable, you can pull it out of the car without a problem, is this normal? My brother has a Nissan Leaf and he tells me that the cable can not be pulled out, he has to unblock the cable from inside his car. Is the situation on my e-NV 200 normal?
Thanks.
Wiebe
Unfortunately it is normal - the env200 cable doesn't lock.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
A few options....

Padlock around the type 1 gun button - most have a hole.

Padlock around the cable and the charging flap catch.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Leaf e+ 62kwh https://share.octopus.energy/quiet-puma-274
778 Posts
As above I used a small padlock through the hole on the plug handle thats goes on van side then a bigger padlock as a visual deterrent the other end to secure cable round the charging post protection bars..

·
Registered
Nissan E-NV200 Tekna Panel Van, 24kWh Battery, Kia Soul EV 27 kWh, BMW i3 94ah REX
134 Posts
☠....how about glueing some strands of copper wire over the outside to make it look like a damaged cable just waiting to electrocute the would-be thief..!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts