Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro, 2021, 4+, Yacht Blue
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this today at yet another Geniepoint charger at a Morrisons that wasn't working. All the ones I have tried to use over the past few weeks are broken and have been for some time.

Still, I thought it was funny...

Sky Triangle Yellow Motor vehicle Tree

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro, 2021, 4+, Yacht Blue
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GeniePoint gives you the confidence to keep trying and find a working charger from another operator. BP Pulse, on the other hand, would make you hate EVs and start praising diesel like another user in this forum.
Someone has been praising diesel here? I haven't seen that. What I have seen is someone choosing to switch back to diesel because that more suits their current lifestyle and car use... that is a different thing altogether :)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Can't say that I've ever charged (or even considered doing so) at our local Morrisons but during a couple of recent long distance trips I used several of them without any problems. Probably just luck although it must have helped that I was choosing stores that weren't on a direct route to anywhere else so chargers would probably have been little used.

·
Registered
2020 e-Golf
779 Posts
I've used one a while ago to use up some credit I had added, it just worked.

Then another in the last few weeks with Bonnet, that was fine too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
GeniePoint DC side at my local Morrison's failed last week. Back up again now, and not sure if it was my email report to GeniePoint support that helped or not. I'll never know....

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
They are a bit clunky and old fashioned but have saved me a couple of times (the most recent time on the way to Nottingham when three separate Pulse rapids let me down)!

·
Registered
MG ZS EV #teamwhite
54 Posts
Wouldn’t have ever used them before Bonnet came along. But have tried a couple since signing up to Bonnet. First one charged ok - bit slow but did the job. Second one I tried just wouldn’t play ball. Tried a few times but no luck. Tried phoning Geniepoint but no one answered!!!

·
Registered
2022 VW ID.3 Tour Pro S & 2022 Skoda Superb iV L&K
139 Posts
Prabhu, stop being so (passive) aggressive. There are many different people on this forum with many different needs and expectations. Chill.

·
Registered
eNiro 4, (Niro EV 4 HP on order)
1,324 Posts
For Wrexham, I recommend the PodPoint rapid at the new Lidl (on the site of the old Police Station, accessed off the Asda roundabout)
Thanks for that
I have been using Genie because I have a company Shell Recharge card, fully “fuelled” company vehicle part of my package

All this ends when I retire next Wednesday 👍👍 so I will be changing my habits.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,590 Posts
Had weekend away in North Wales and stayed in Porthmadog at a brand new Premier inn 2 weeks ago which has on site charging ( Three 7kW posts ) but was not on vendelectric app / map so could not start a charge and vendelectric don't work weekends ?
So lucky for me the Geniepoint with AC43kW cable in Caernarfon 20 miles away worked ok. (y)

On the way to Porthmadog just in case i stopped at Bala to use a Swaco Rapid but looks like its only 16kW on AC ( tested with CanZE ) but Swarco say 43kW.

Swarco has a contract to install more 50kw Rapids in North Wales :

The installation of the chosen sites will result in a rapid charge point around every 25 miles on the Welsh Strategic Road Network. Installations will be spread across four Local Authority areas: Ceredigion, Powys, Denbighshire and Gwynedd.
The sites will be located in Local Authority car parks in - Cardigan, Newtown, Welshpool, Crickhowell, Machynlleth, Talgarth, Corwen, Dolgellau, Porthmadog, Blaenau Ffestiniog, Bala and a public house car park in Llangurig.

Now the Geniepoint one in Southport that has not worked for months is another story.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts