Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

330E

Went on a road trip to Scotland - where charging was free!

Got the following statistics - 6 charges over 3 days - total energy used from CYC = 26KWH. I only use CYC in Scotland, have Polar locally.
A lot of the travelling was on Hybrid - Filled up with petrol - 7.9 gallons, 424 miles, the car computer was reset at last petrol fill said 24miles/KWH - I presume this is based on total miles so took 424 / 24 = 18KWH

Any idea why the difference?

For info - On the return trip - 400 miles mostly motorway 70ish indicated on cruise control, no charging, got 50mpg displayed, and 48mpg calculated after filling tank - so reasonable, but 8 gallon tank is a pain - just can't make it home, filled up with 8.6 gal at 15 mile range.

·
Registered
208 Posts
48mpg is good for that return trip, I did Stirling to Macclesfield in my 225xe last year and got 45mpg out of the tank, with cruise set a fraction faster (about 75mph). But that's good for running pure petrol most of the time.

I agree, the 8-gallon tank (same size in the 225) can be a bit of a pain on longer trips. But then I think back to my Volvo T4 that I had about 20 years ago. On a motorway run I would just get 30mpg (it drank like a fish) and it had an 11 gallon tank, so 300 miles was its absolute maximum before you started getting severe 'range anxiety' ...

·
Registered
99 Posts
That extra 5 mph can make quite a difference. 73mph on my 225xe gives a real 70mph according to gps so that is what I normally set.

Had to fill twice on my last trip to inverness. Left home in Oxfordshire full, 1st fill at Tebay, 2nd fill at Dalwhinnie. Trip computer said I would make it to Inverness with 1 mile left, but I baled out at Dalwhinnie.....

Touring the highlands and islands did mean I had to keep an eye of range, and fuel availability, which naged at my mind, but no real problems, just a bit of forward planning.

I still find it annoying after years of 600 mile range from diesels, but objectively a rest stop and driver change every 250 miles or so not a bad thing. I remember, many years ago, driving to Aviemore in a Series IIa Land Rover diesel, in the snow, towing a caravan, felt like I stopped at every fuel station en route.........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts