Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Life Pro Performance, MY22 (software v2.3)
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to display the charging history in the car (i.e. how many kWh the car has logged as added and when)? Apologies if I’m missing something obvious!

I’d be interested to compare what the car “sees” with what is reported by the EVSE (or DC charger).

Obviously we can see the change in SoC but whether the percentages are exactly “linear” may be moot. But maybe no less accurate than recorded kWh?!

·
Registered
590 Posts
No, there's no charging history at the moment. The version of WeConnect for the e-Golf has this functionality (along with trip details) on the web portal, but it is not available for the ID.3. I was hoping they would have added it by now, WeConnectID is a big step backwards from the version available for other cars.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, there's no charging history at the moment. The version of WeConnect for the e-Golf has this functionality (along with trip details) on the web portal, but it is not available for the ID.3. I was hoping they would have added it by now, WeConnectID is a big step backwards from the version available for other cars.
Thanks. Shame, but not the end of the world.

Speaking of WeConnect ID, I’m not sure how useful it will be for me - I understand the car communicates with the servers over 4G but we live in a not-spot, so it probably won’t work at home anyway.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I can get a report from the EVSE (an EO), but was thinking it might be interesting to compare that against a report from the car. It seems that’s not possible (other than by calculating from SoC change) - no big deal.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 1st Edition
100 Posts
I think this can be done via the Tronity app - that requires your WeConnectID password... it seems to sort of work for me (well has today - I think!)
Yes, Tronity once linked keeps a record automatically, and also includes charging curves, so useful to see what charging rate you got if you are interested in that type of thing. Example shown below of details of a session. At the moment Tronity is free to ID.3 owners since they do not get all the telemetry they need from the VW servers to offer their full product.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yes, Tronity once linked keeps a record automatically, and also includes charging curves, so useful to see what charging rate you got if you are interested in that type of thing. Example shown below of details of a session. At the moment Tronity is free to ID.3 owners since they do not get all the telemetry they need from the VW servers to offer their full product.

View attachment 149384
I’ve got Tronity now and it says it’s only free for 14 days… how do you get a curve like above? As mine recorded a charge Ok but can’t see a way to get that graph in the fairly basic app… unless that’s the premium version?? (Freeversion is£4 month after trial and premium £9)

EDIT:Just found that if I look at the Tronity web pages instead of the app I can see the graphs 👍 (why not on the app 🤷‍♂️) - but no mention of free for Id.3
Owners. Any more details on that if you have it would be super! Thanks.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 1st Edition
100 Posts
EDIT:Just found that if I look at the Tronity web pages instead of the app I can see the graphs 👍 (why not on the app 🤷‍♂️) - but no mention of free for Id.3
Owners. Any more details on that if you have it would be super! Thanks.
I think I signed up when it was beta so did not do anything. From what I see some folks recently said they did nothing at the end of the trial and got an email from Nils at Tronity telling them they get free access, others had emailed them when the trial ended and had the account reactivated for free.
Hope that helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts