·
Registered
EV6 GT Line and e208 GT
713 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
New Fastned hub in Greenwich, next to East Greenwich fire station
that's good news. there's several Fastned charging points near where I live (NE) which I've used many times and can say that they have been faultless, meticulously maintained and the support, if you need to call them, is first class too.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
5,484 Posts
that's good news. there's several Fastned charging points near where I live (NE) which I've used many times and can say that they have been faultless, meticulously maintained and the support, if you need to call them, is first class too.
Maybe it'll convince cabbies to go "Sarf o' da riva" now, if only to charge their LEVC black cabs?

Meanwhile, there's a new 6-stall MFG hub in Ashton-Under-Lyne, almost ready to open:-

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
None of the three MFG hublets (tm) near me (Chorlton, Prestwich, Salford) have gone live yet despite being complete for a few months now 🤷‍♂️

presumably connection issues?

The MFG hub over towards Charltons ground nr Greenwich is often very busy so a good addition.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
None of the three MFG hublets (tm) near me (Chorlton, Prestwich, Salford) have gone live yet despite being complete for a few months now 🤷‍♂️

presumably connection issues?

The MFG hub over towards Charltons ground nr Greenwich is often very busy so a good addition.
SP Energy Networks (The DNO covering the old Manweb area) do seem to be taking their own sweet time over hooking up charging hubs.
There's a set at a Shell garage near me that have been there almost a year, and the covers are still on! 🤬

·
Registered
EV6 GT Line and e208 GT
713 Posts
If it’s frustrating for us - it must be worse for the company… That’s months of revenue not occurring…
We had a 5 stall MFG sitting in that state from January through to May in South London. All good now but must be a major inhibitor to charger installations.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22)
398 Posts
SP Energy Networks (The DNO covering the old Manweb area) do seem to be taking their own sweet time over hooking up charging hubs.
There's a set at a Shell garage near me that have been there almost a year, and the covers are still on! 🤬
Also responsible for the same situation at a BP garage in Formby. Also for electricity supplies to three new EG hubs (hublets?) around Liverpool that should be ready soon... will keep my eye on those.

·
Registered
VW ID.4 First Edition
52 Posts
It's terrible. The new hub at Rhug is held up. Instavolts at Rhyl still under cover, the Transport for Wales project to put chargers in rural North and Mid Wales all held up by them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The DNO for the sites at Chorlton, Prestwich and Salford is Electricity North West and they look to be taking their time as well. Their HQ is near that MFG site in Birchwood / Warrington that also looks to be waiting for power. Based on my experiences with getting a charger fitted at home, which needed to be approved by ENW, it’s not surprising that its taking some time in getting a new or reinforced supply.

I used to work in the electricity sector and worked with ENW when they were set up to get data from the old DNO into ENW.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
ENW got back to me (Manchester) 6 months after my charger install insisting it had to be inspected as it was a looped supply. I said no - emailed them pics of the meter - main fuse etc.. and the remains of the old (50+ year) cable that went to next door - but they still insisted on sending someone round.

it was a quick visit 😂

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
301 - 320 of 362 Posts