Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elektromotive seem to have the franchise in Brighton & Hove but the terms of parking and charging would not allow Ampera owners to fully recharge the car:

http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/index.c ... &id=269365
http://www.elektromotive.com/html/application_forms.php - see section 16 of the T's & C's

This IMHO would really be difficult if using the park & ride in Withdean Stadium even if it were four hours getting to Brighton and back with enough time to do something useful would be a challenge I feel.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Oh dear.. that scheme is a right mess.

T&C
Section 2 - might exclude Amperas
Section 4 - You must use their cable - which has a commando plug! - other connectors are available but how is EVSE supported?

Section 7 - "You never unplug the cable from the vehicle before removing the plug from the recharging point;" - well with EVSE you Must disconnect at the vehicle first to cause the power to switch off. It sounds like they are using live Commando for everything, are there any Mass produced EV's that have command sockets built in?

Section 16 - 3hrs Maximum, So short stay car parks only...

Eurg! - I really think that the most friendly charger I have ever used was the Tethered J1772 unit at Eden Project. No scheme, no keys, tags, or membership, just plug in and charge. (and no worries about misuse as the connector is only suitable for cars!) More like this Please....

·
Militant EV driver!
4,937 Posts
Elektrobay are really disappointing IMHO. They are the only supplier I don't have a card/dongle for, which is ironic as they are also the closest ones to my flat. I think they also still charge silly money for their use.

They are installed in the Winchester park and ride (good for some but obviously I would never use them) - only that Winchester council decided to divorce themselves from the Elektrobay back office and you have to call during office hours to activate them.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I Noticed they are also the provider for the charger in Victoria Centre in Nottingham that several forum users have visited, I have used this charger by asking at the parking office they as they have fobs too, (I haven't signed up for anything! and after reading T&C wouldn't)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts