Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm going to pick up my new 30Kwh Leaf on 1st March, and on 2nd plan to drive to Paris. I have a KiWhi, Sodetrel and Belib cards; but I notice on Chargemap that a lot of the charging stations in France use a Type 3 plug. Has anyone experience of charging in France, and on whether it would be a good idea to get a Type 3 cable?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
You can hire a Type 3 cable for a very modest charge from @nuCharge

·
Banned
326 Posts
Type-3 are found at Renault garages + municipal charge points, where found!

A Schuko (European Domestic plug) is also a must. You can easily make an adapter to your Granny cable, if you have one!

I suggest you also try Autolib, when in Paris. A short-term subscription would allow you to use (and park) at any Autolib station. That's at every street corner in central Paris!

·
Militant EV driver!
4,563 Posts
So if you think we have it bad in the UK consider this. There are a couple of rapid chargers on the street around the corner from my Toulouse hotel.

They were installed by Sodetrel (EDF), originally required a Kiwhi Pass, then you needed Sodetrel's own card until recently when that was blocked and you needed a card from a new network called Alizé (run by Bouygues). The latter has taken over points across the south west.

On top of that the entire thing was ICEd when I went past, one was offline and there are reports of it only giving out 14kW.

To get this card email [email protected]

More: Allée Jean Jaurès: charge point quick in Toulouse

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Parking Family car
Electronics Machine Technology Electronic device Multimedia
Text

·
Banned
326 Posts
So if you think we have it bad in the UK consider this. There are a couple of rapid chargers on the street around the corner from my Toulouse hotel.........
Frankly nothing about French 'service provision' - they have a range of words, that don't really translate - 'Alors', Desolee','Quel Dommage'. That each have an aroma if sarcasm!

Why the can't just say "Je ne give a stuff pas" - we could all understand that!

That said France is invariably worth withstanding the Gallic-indifference! @dpeilow I recommend the Toulosse speciality 'Andoulette Stew'. And Andoulette sausage may be survivable - but try a meal size portion if the stew - 'Sacre Blue!'

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a Sodetrel card in preparation of an Easter trip to my folks in Normandy. Planning to drive from Calais to Rouen which seems to have 3 options (IKEA and a couple of service stations). Ideal would be Aire de Beuzeville SUD (A13 - km170) which is on the direct route but that shows in grey on Sodetrel's map, anyone been to any of the chargers near Rouen, is the Beuzeville SUD one working?

There map also shows IKEA Caen as having a charger, but puts it miles (Kms) away from Caen. I know where IKEA is in Caen so assume thats just a mistake, anyone used the charger there and can confirm?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts