Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellos, I am driving to Holland from the uk next week for 4 days. I am wondering how i go about charging my Zoe in the country, i can find plenty of charge points on the apps like PlugShare, but cant find out how i will pay there. Don’t want to arrive and find i need a card to access the points. Any one live in Holland (im going to the Rotterdam area) or traveled there in an EV from abroad?
Many thanks for any help:)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Hellos, I am driving to Holland from the uk next week for 4 days. I am wondering how i go about charging my Zoe in the country, i can find plenty of charge points on the apps like PlugShare, but cant find out how i will pay there. Don’t want to arrive and find i need a card to access the points. Any one live in Holland (im going to the Rotterdam area) or traveled there in an EV from abroad?
Many thanks for any help:)
For Holland you will need a NewMotion card - this will activate pretty much all chargers. Get one from myNewMotion. Charging points that require payment will be charged through the NewMotion card, which will bill you at (supposedly) the end of the month.

Not sure you will get one in time for next week though - worth a try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For Holland you will need a NewMotion card - this will activate pretty much all chargers. Get one from myNewMotion. Charging points that require payment will be charged through the NewMotion card, which will bill you at (supposedly) the end of the month.

Not sure you will get one in time for next week though - worth a try.
Thank you very much, i have ordered a card and got the app, you can apparently activated some charging points through the app so hopefully i will manage, I spend 2 days looking everywhere for information on the local charging network and then you solve my problem in minutes thank you

·
Registered
880 Posts
The NewMotion card is indeed compatible with almost all "on street" public chargers and some in car parks. Or look at Fastned.nl - they are along almost all major motorways in the Netherlands. There's info in English on their website.

·
Registered
9 Posts
second fastned option download the app and you can use a visa or PayPal account to charge the cost against (no need for an RFID fob) also try plugsurfing they have a lot of agreements with dutch providers like ecotap etc ( who have a lot of charge points available) again most of these can be used from an app . there are a few providers that are RFID only but not many, again you can pay via your debit or paypal account with plugsurfing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts