1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
There's a rapid at the Nissan dealer!

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Well, there is also a rapid in Corby town centre (about 20 miles away and with 24hr access) if Peterborough fails. From there it's only 40 odd miles to MK(A43/M1). You do need a plugged in midlands card for it though. I've got one and am only about 5 minutes away from the charger if you get stuck!

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
37 Posts
I thought there was a rapid Charge master in the Asda near the station - but it's a bit lacking at the moment.

I commute from MK to Peterboro' two days a week in my Octavia but need an EV car with more range before I can swap our family from ICE to EV completely.

How much are the base-model Teslas?
*starts saving*

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
I thought there was a rapid Charge master in the Asda near the station - but it's a bit lacking at the moment.

I commute from MK to Peterboro' two days a week in my Octavia but need an EV car with more range before I can swap our family from ICE to EV completely.

How much are the base-model Teslas?
*starts saving*
Hmm I had heard there was something at Asda but i don't think it's a rapid. I'll try and nip over there tomorrow.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,510 Posts
Asda up here use CM cards, one store I asked at had cards behind customer services desk that can be borrowed for a deposit of £20, at another store customer services desk staff said they did not have them ( they also initially said they did not have charging points when I first asked, I had to point them out to them and tell them I had already used them previously). So a bit of inconsistency.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I think it's a bit of an empty spot at the moment, although I think there are plans to roll out rapids to the 'extra' services, so that should arrive at Peterborough at some point soon.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
There are a few 7kw chargers floating about, but it depends on how close they are to your destination as to how useful they are. They seem to be on source east predominantly.....

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Called dealership and their rapid is broken so had to cough up for Polar Instant to use the free 7kwh post at the ASDA. Didn't get through to the dealer to check beforehand or I'd have just plugged in right next to my destination (also Chargemaster). Ah well.

Now to kill two hours and spend £10 in ASDA.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
If they have a Cafe, I waited something like 25 minutes to get served a coffee last time I visited an Asda, so that'll help waste away a few minutes ! ;)

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If they have a Cafe, I waited something like 25 minutes to get served a coffee last time I visited an Asda, so that'll help waste away a few minutes ! ;)
Couldn't find one, like a maze though. Which sums up Peterborough in general for someone used to MK's grid system!

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So that wasn't much fun. Home now, but spent more time plugged in than driving.

Still wasn't stressful or anything, just had to make a day of it for about an hour of actually doing what I was there to do.

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Called dealership and their rapid is broken so had to cough up for Polar Instant to use the free 7kwh post at the ASDA. Didn't get through to the dealer to check beforehand or I'd have just plugged in right next to my destination (also Chargemaster). Ah well.

Now to kill two hours and spend £10 in ASDA.
Oh, that's annoying! Did the dealer seem interested in actually getting it fixed...?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts