Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Charging in Scotland - EST Scheme - Funding Available

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Sandy 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Just wanted to give you the heads up that we were successful in all elements of our tender to the Energy Savings Trust in Scotland with our partners Franklin Energy.

This allows us to access funding for domestic, workplace, and public charging infrastructure (including rapids). For domestic installations this is in addition to the OLEV HomeCharge grant.

I'm told the EST application form is fairly straight forward, fill in the form and nominate us (may be listed as Franklin Energy) as your chosen installer under the framework agreement.

If you need support with an application please contact us (www.thephoenixworks.com) or our partners (www.franklinenergy.co.uk) with EST - Scotland in the subject header. It would be useful for us if you could mention if you saw my post here.

We look forward to continuing to support your charging installation requirements across the UK.

Cheers,

Thomas

See less See more
#3 ·
Thomas,

A business I work with has offices in Edinburgh. Please can you give a 'back of *** packet' illustration as to how something might stack up.

Assume a post with two orifices offering 22kW if possible.

If *** packet calcs are simply not possible I will speak to Facilties and see if they are interested enough to want to submit the form.

#7 ·
Does workplace charging cover all workplaces? Namely can Councils apply to have posts installed foe their staff?

#8 ·
Hi all,

I'm very sorry for my delayed response, it's been pretty hectic over here.

Please see the statement below re. qualifying sites and funding available:

"
Organisations will be deemed eligible to apply for funding if they can meet some or all of the following criteria:
• They are currently operating electric vehicles/have staff members using electric vehicles
• They would be able to offer 24/7 public access to their proposed charge point and are in a good location for the public charger network, where a high level of use could be reasonably anticipated
• They have a large car park (100+ bays) with significant numbers of staff and visitors who would be able to access the proposed charge point

Eligible applications will be sorted according to priority as follows:
High Priority Charge Points (100% Funding)
o Charge points that will directly result in multiple EVs, or a single EV accessible by a wide range of users, being put on Scotland’s roads.
o Charge points that improve the resilience of the ChargePlace Scotland charge point network by either filling a gap in the network or by adding one or more charge point to an existing, well utilised charge point location to create a charge point hub.
Medium Priority Charge Points (75% Funding)
o Charge points which will directly result in an EV being put on Scotland’s roads.
o Charge points for hosts involved in an EST programme promoting electromobility such as Switched on Fleets and Switched on @ Work (excluding Local Authorities).
Low Priority Charge Points (50% Funding)
o All other charge points not covered above"

In order to apply for a charging station, whether commercial or domestic, an email must be sent to electricvehiclesscotland@est.org.uk from which an application form will be returned. Due to the expected high demand, we are not allowed to distribute the application form, it must got through the EST.

@James_leeds - I would imagine your site will be eligible for 75% funding, although i'd strongly recommend emailing for an application form, we may be able justify 100%. I could then visit site and produce a formal quotation. It's really hard for me to give you any rough numbers without knowing a little about the site first.

@Sandy - Yes, Councils can apply, we've already been approached by a Council.

I hope that information helps, any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Matt

#10 ·
Excellent cheers. I'll go speak to our green transport people. At least 5 staff now have EVs or PHEVs in one of our main sites (it already has chargers but for pool cars, security let us on them but we have to move frequently or find charger already use).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.