Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
4,126 Posts
brave - i would be tying a black bin bag overt the type 2 plug just for double safety measure :)
Not necessary. Here's a link to a major UK manufacturer of CCS connectors.
It says
Protected against jet water and sealed against dirt with IP67 degree of protection, with additional IP6K6K and IP6K9K on the front

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line with CCS
142 Posts
Perfectly safe...done it many many times with my granny charger where it is exposed to the elements. The biggest problem I have in winter is finding that the Zoe charge flap is frozen shut and it won't open. Usually takes about 5 goes trying to release and pushing the flap in & out to break the ice seal.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line with CCS
142 Posts
The real question is how many presses of the remote conditioning button did you need to defrost it?
Well, it was my Q90...and pre-heating made no difference whatsoever apart keeping me warm. The ice was on the outside of the flap from what I could see so concentrated on clearing it from there. I haven't yet tried it with my ZE50. Maybe tonight as I am expect below zero temps.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Has anyone ever had their plug freeze into the car or EVSE?

We had snow followed by a sharp frost last night so if we had been charging, I could see the plug being frozen onto the exposed, wet charging point on the car. A bin bag (or something less prone to melting if it gets warm?) might help prevent that scenario?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
4,126 Posts

We had snow followed by a sharp frost last night so if we had been charging, I could see the plug being frozen onto the exposed, wet charging point on the car. A bin bag (or something less prone to melting if it gets warm?) might help prevent that scenario?
Why not a whole car cozy like this (With an extra sleeve added in the right place for the charge cable of course):-

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Why not a whole car cozy like this (With an extra sleeve added in the right place for the charge cable of course):-

Nice!
Knowing my luck, the dodgy pre-conditioning would kick in full blast and melt the entire cover onto the car :)

Now that you mention it, my neighbour used to have one of those, but he got tired of putting it on every night then gave up on trying to predict when he'd need it and now he's back to scraping the car.

meh, I know I'm just fretting about having to deal with something new. At least the car seems to have handled well in the snow/ice on the way to work this morning, or so my wife reports. (Driving an automatic in the snow is also something I've never done before and hence tend to worry about).

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,604 Posts

A garage? How about a garage?

·
Zoe Devotee
9,391 Posts
The real question is how many presses of the remote conditioning button did you need to defrost it?
A Million? Or zero since the new Zoe doesn't have a remote button and a standard 15minute pre-programmed heat wouldn't clear that.

Reactions: Dave Barr
1 - 20 of 25 Posts