Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had this? Here is me, saying I have only had the usual annoying software glitches and then this happens.

Car was on drive, being topped up overnight and left plugged in to pre heat at a given time. At around 7:30 this morning I became aware of aloud clunking noise outside. Looked out onto drive to see the ID light was on, the Infotainment Screen was lit up, though it kept powering up and down.

It sounded as power was trying to get through to the car from the Podpoint unit then stopping hence the clunking. Decided to unplug car and leave. Will mean preheat will run off battery today.

Not sure if it was the Podpoint unit or the car. To date haven't had an issue with charging apart from me plugging it in the wrong way. Car had charged to 80%. It was a bit damp and cold this morning wouldn't have thought that would have affected it - never has in the past.

Have powered down the Podpoint though no error lights being displayed on that. Will check later today to see if the car is going to charge.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Echo that. What make & model of EV? Have you tried the 13A plugin "granny" EVSE to work out where the fault might be? You can edit the thread title, maybe it's selectable by the 3-dots at top right?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Echo that. What make & model of EV? Have you tried the 13A plugin "granny" EVSE to work out where the fault might be? You can edit the thread title, maybe it's selectable by the 3-dots at top right?
Sorry, I just thought because I had posted to the VW Id3 forum that you may have guessed it is a VW Id3 First Edition!! And the original title wasn't the best description either. Have amended that. Unfortunately the UK versions of the car don't come with the granny charger.

Will run the car and try charging later.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I just thought because I had posted to the VW Id3 forum that you may have guessed it is a VW Id3 First Edition!! And the original title wasn't the best description either. Have amended that. Unfortunately the UK versions of the car don't come with the granny charger.

Will run the car and try charging later.
After going out in the car for run. Came home to charge again overnight with preheating scheduled for departure at 07:45. It is now become apparent that I have an issue with the preheating. The car charges to 80%, however it would appear to drop the connection after reaching that level and will not run the preheating from the mains electricity after charging the car and being left plugged in. The car starts to clunk at the Podpoint unit like it is trying to lock the cable. The cable IS locked from the previous night CHARGE though. This is a new development as the preheating had previously been working a dream, never had this issue.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Removed the departure times. With cable still attached from previous nights charge, I can manually pre heat car from the phone app. Funny how it worked before with departure times. Possibly a software glitch that will be included in the "important update"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts