Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I've owned my Chevrolet Volt for almost 5 years now, and it's been great! The only problem is when trying to charge my Volt, the charging unit is tripping. I've tried it out on a few charging units and cables, and it happens every time, so it's the car, not the charging unit.

There are no errors shown on the dash.

I wondered if it might be damp in the charging port (as it's started happening while we've had terrible weather this winter), but after trying some WD-40 and a heat gun to try and dry out the port, nothing has changed, still tripping.

Anyone got any pointers or suggestions?!

I'm having difficulty finding anyone to have a look at it, so any suggestions are welcome. I live in Derbyshire, but appreciate I may have to travel to a garage willing to investigate.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Could well be the charge port. Mine ended up shorting out my Rolec EVSE and blew the control module in it, I think it fed 250V back down the low-voltage CP signal line or somehing like that. My granny charger (evconnectors.com) detected the problem & shut it self down before damage happened. Suggest you take it to a competent dealer, Bellinger's in Wantage are about 90 miles away, but probably worth it. V competent bunch there who fixed mine under warranty as aprt of the HV stuff. Hopefully you're still in the 8-yr 100k mile wty?

@Admin plz move to GM Ampera section, will get more assist there maybe.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

As above, also check out this thread

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts