Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday we tried to use a 22KW charger [free to use] at Walton hospital in Chesterfield its on the CYC app, plugged in used app to start charging second later charge starts seconds later it stops charger flashing red! Tried again same result, so I know its only a 11 KW charger on board so it will only charge at that rate, I am assuming the charger works as a car was charging on the other side, or is this the problem?
Anyway we went to town shopping plugged into a 7 KW charger no issue, we then had a talk and decided to use a rapid charger just in case as we had never tried rapid charging, CYC says one is available at Dronfield so off we go its a BP one but isnt showing on their app? It does show on the CYC app strange, anyway its contactless so we start charge, 80% it slows but wont allow us to terminate charge? in end red button hit all stop! At home checking on line I discover chargemaster Ltd have charged me two one penny debits and a £15 debit for £5.07 worth of electric whats going on anyone? I will check later and see if anything has come back into my account

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
8,911 Posts
Don't know what's going on with most of your queries but the £15 might not have been a debit on your account as many companies freeze a sum called 'pre-authorised' at the start and then unscramble the account when the real debit amount is known. So that the £15 entry will be reversed after a day or so and the £5.07 settle on your card. And the penny entries were probably just testing to ensure that the card being presented is still valid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts