Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
If I were you I would ignore the Kia app and remove any car/app schedules. Then setup the schedule you want in the Zappi/myenergie app.

The above works perfectly for me on my E-niro.
On the e-Niro does it preheat/climatize OK in the morning? Do you have a boost scheduled for pre-heat or is it able to use the Zappi preheat functionality that means the Zappi allows power for pre-heat?

I have ignored the Kia App and even though app says “not plugged in” it does pull power. Just pre heat does not fire up. So experimenting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
On the e-Niro does it preheat/climatize OK in the morning? Do you have a boost scheduled for pre-heat or is it able to use the Zappi preheat functionality that means the Zappi allows power for pre-heat?

I have ignored the Kia App and even though app says “not plugged in” it does pull power. Just pre heat does not fire up. So experimenting.
To be honest, I am not sure. I have only used the pre-heat once with the charger plugged in and then I had set the Zappi to fast mode... It did work fine.
We do use the pre-heat regularly, just the car is never plugged in at the time. It has always worked fine.

·
Registered
496 Posts
To be honest, I am not sure. I have only used the pre-heat once with the charger plugged in and then I had set the Zappi to fast mode... It did work fine.
We do use the pre-heat regularly, just the car is never plugged in at the time. It has always worked fine.
Is this by using a scheduled pre-heat or just pushing the climatise now button on the app? Sorry for all the questions 😀

·
Registered
496 Posts
Good news and bad news. Firstly, good news, the EV6 did the scheduled charge. So by setting my charger on Fast and using car to schedule charge worked 👍

The bad news is the scheduled climate Pre Heat did not run. “Charge cable unplugged, Cannot activate target temperature ….” ended up standing at back of car holding cable in locking vehicle and sending message, could hear cable lock activating on vehicle and charger connecting but no joy. So app is sending message but car in its head is saying nothing plugged in. I think it is time to call the dealership and get this escalated 🤦‍♂️

Rectangle Font Technology Parallel Screenshot

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Good news and bad news. Firstly, good news, the EV6 did the scheduled charge. So by setting my charger on Fast and using car to schedule charge worked 👍

The bad news is the scheduled climate Pre Heat did not run. “Charge cable unplugged, Cannot activate target temperature ….” ended up standing at back of car holding cable in locking vehicle and sending message, could hear cable lock activating on vehicle and charger connecting but no joy. So app is sending message but car in its head is saying nothing plugged in. I think it is time to call the dealership and get this escalated 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 152708
View attachment 152709
That is the problem I have.
When we tried to do it at the dealers the charging plug vibrated as the latch came on and off repeatedly.
A call was logged with KIA Technical last week, but no answer yet, I suspect the have other calls for the same issue.
Such a shame they have spoiled the ship (EV6) for a haporth of tar (app) !
The MINI app was fine never had any problems with it, perhaps KIA a should have had a close look at the MINI app.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I don’t have a SMART a charger at home, when I bought my MINI in May ‘19 I had to use the granny lead. I discovered the car had the ability to set charging times etc, so e,e Ted to go with the pre SMART charger and got it installed before end of June when the SMART charger became mandatory.
Little did I know, then a couple of years later I would be struggling with charging and pre heating on a newer more expensive car!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Does the car itself think it's plugged in when it's plugged in? If it's just the app then it's an app sync issue rather than a car issue.
Yes I would agree the fault lies with the app.
The car can be plugged in, can do a charge and without being unplugged, when Pre heat is selected the app says the car is not plugged in!! Surely this is a relatively easy thing to resolve for some IT guru at KIA?

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,740 Posts
Yes I would agree the fault lies with the app.
The car can be plugged in, can do a charge and without being unplugged, when Pre heat is selected the app says the car is not plugged in!! Surely this is a relatively easy thing to resolve for some IT guru at KIA?
One would hope so but previous experience suggests they're not very capable at all.

·
Registered
496 Posts
@gordon just want to check. My vehicle is currently at work, not plugged in, all locked on car park. I have just sent a “Start Climate Control” command using Kia Connect and it has accepted this and is climatising. Does your vehicle accept the Comand when not plugged into a charger?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I wonder if there has been an update :rolleyes: This morning although car plugged in ( but Kia Connect app saying not plugged in:eek: ) I used app to trigger a climate and defrost and it actually worked. All good sent a message saying “Climate will be completed in 5 minutes” after a bit. No error message. So a work around is charge vehicle then push a command to EV6 rather than schedule. Will try this tomorrow.

Also escalated our issues to Kia, via dealer. Big long email with loads of photos. Very therapeutic :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wonder if there has been an update :rolleyes: This morning although car plugged in ( but Kia Connect app saying not plugged in:eek: ) I used app to trigger a climate and defrost and it actually worked. All good sent a message saying “Climate will be completed in 5 minutes” after a bit. No error message. So a work around is charge vehicle then push a command to EV6 rather than schedule. Will try this tomorrow.

Also escalated our issues to Kia, via dealer. Big long email with loads of photos. Very therapeutic :D
After I disabled the charge timer in the car and set the timers on my charger instead, with the car plugged in, I can activate the climate control and get the same messages, but it appears to be drawing power from the battery, not the charger.

I also discovered that if the car is still charging the battery, the scheduled climate control works as expected, and I even get notifications in the Kia Connect app about it, but if the charge has completed before the scheduled climate control is due to activate, it doesn't work, even though the car is still plugged in.

I've sent this info on to my dealer also for it to be sent to Kia Technical department

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 62Kw, 2021 - Leaf number 6! 2 x Zappi as we are a two Leaf family.
178 Posts
Sounds like another manufacture who has not followed the International Standards! Just like VAG who have also decided the standards don't need to be followed.

·
Registered
496 Posts
After I disabled the charge timer in the car and set the timers on my charger instead, with the car plugged in, I can activate the climate control and get the same messages, but it appears to be drawing power from the battery, not the charger.

I also discovered that if the car is still charging the battery, the scheduled climate control works as expected, and I even get notifications in the Kia Connect app about it, but if the charge has completed before the scheduled climate control is due to activate, it doesn't work, even though the car is still plugged in.

I've sent this info on to my dealer also for it to be sent to Kia Technical department
Always good to be part of the beta-test group for a product. Just wish they had formally asked us 😁

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think both Kia and Hyundai have issues to sort out regarding scheduled charging.

See my thread here regarding my Ioniq 5.

Why don't they just keep it simple? By trying to be "smart" they are actually being stupid. As stated in my post the scheduled charging in the Ioniq does work but not in the way you might expect. Like others here have suggested I now use my Zappi in Eco + mode with Timed Boost to schedule my off-peak charging. Much more reliable and predictable.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Just to say, that n the MyEnegi (Zappi manufacturer) forums there has been an ongoing dialogue between MyEnergi and Kia/Hyundai (well actually the company who do the onboard charge/climate control software), as problems with scheduled charging, charging using solar excess, and scheduled pre-conditioning have been reported from launch with the e-Niro and Kona too. The last time I looked there was a request for help testing new software, but that also required the hardware control module to be removed/replaced after updating/testing so it could be sent to the manufacturer for in-depth analysis. So it might not be a quick fix in the EV6 if similar work is needed to make the software work properly.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Just to say, that n the MyEnegi (Zappi manufacturer) forums there has been an ongoing dialogue between MyEnergi and Kia/Hyundai (well actually the company who do the onboard charge/climate control software), as problems with scheduled charging, charging using solar excess, and scheduled pre-conditioning have been reported from launch with the e-Niro and Kona too. The last time I looked there was a request for help testing new software, but that also required the hardware control module to be removed/replaced after updating/testing so it could be sent to the manufacturer for in-depth analysis. So it might not be a quick fix in the EV6 if similar work is needed to make the software work properly.
If you can drop a link to this discussion I may be able to help them out, I had a look and could not find it.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts