Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. We are considering buying a ZE 50 Zoe. Does anybody know how to set A charging limit (e.g. 80%) to limit battery degredation? I can not find this anywhere in the Renault Zoe information. Thanks for the advice!

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,021 Posts
Hi there. We are considering buying a ZE 50 Zoe. Does anybody know how to set A charging limit (e.g. 80%) to limit battery degredation? I can not find this anywhere in the Renault Zoe information. Thanks for the advice!
As far as I know this is not possible. Not sure if you can schedule charging to stop at a certain time. You could calculate how long it will take to reach 80% and stop the charge at that time.

There are no serious issues with charging to 100% overnight as long as you use the car in the morning. It’s the battery sitting at 100% for days or weeks that is more of a cause for concern. Remember most batteries have a buffer at the top that can’t be accessed. So at 100% the battery isn’t full.

·
Registered
563 Posts
As far as I know this is not possible. Not sure if you can schedule charging to stop at a certain time. You could calculate how long it will take to reach 80% and stop the charge at that time.

There are no serious issues with charging to 100% overnight as long as you use the car in the morning. It’s the battery sitting at 100% for days or weeks that is more of a cause for concern. Remember most batteries have a buffer at the top that can’t be accessed. So at 100% the battery isn’t full.
you can leave it 100% for days as 100% isn’t really 100% because the battery is bigger than what you can use...

My old ze22 sat at 100% for 2 months, and regularly at weekends, zero impact on degradation

1 - 4 of 4 Posts