Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two Zoes which I use almost exclusively at night for pizza deliveries.
I only do 50-60 miles per evening so range is not a problem, although both my 2015 Zoes are down to about 60 miles range.
I have an array of 24 solar panels and I would like to charge my Zoes during daylight hours while I am not using them for the deliveries. My array is fully off-line and I would appreciate guidance/advice on whether I can do this and how.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,262 Posts
I have two Zoes which I use almost exclusively at night for pizza deliveries.
I only do 50-60 miles per evening so range is not a problem, although both my 2015 Zoes are down to about 60 miles range.
I have an array of 24 solar panels and I would like to charge my Zoes during daylight hours while I am not using them for the deliveries. My array is fully off-line and I would appreciate guidance/advice on whether I can do this and how.
Best thing is to get a Zappi charger. This will allow you to charge direct from your solar (adding a bit from the grid if the solar dips). Just make sure you tell them that it is for a Zoe. A friend of mine has a Zappi and I tried to charge my 22 kWh Zoe on it. Zoe needs pretty good earthing and despite help from the Zappi engineers we couldn't get a charge. This was a couple of years ago now and at a pre 1940s house, but it will help you to set up your Zappi specifically for Zoe.

·
Premium Member
11,312 Posts
I am not sure if a Zappi would work with an offline PV and looking at your flag, I guess you are not in UK so it may not be easily available.

What is output of your PV system as there may be a simpler, cheaper solution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Proddick

My output is around 6 KWH, based on 24 panels each producing 250 watts.I would be very interested in being briefed on what you think would be a simpler, cheaper solution.

Padraig

·
Premium Member
11,312 Posts
Hi Proddick

My output is around 6 KWH, based on 24 panels each producing 250 watts.I would be very interested in being briefed on what you think would be a simpler, cheaper solution.

Padraig
With it being off grid, what are you currently using it for? What load do you have on it? Which invertor do you have?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts