Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Charging Near Barbican Centre

1349 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Scorzon
Just wondering whether anybody has had experience of charging in the area around The Barbican Centre.

Heading up with the family next weekend, be arriving late afternoon and leaving 8.30pm ish.

I'm guessing I'll be at around 35-40% remaining (Leaf30), so the perfect situation would be a 3.5/7kw charger within 15 mins walk where I can charge for 3 hours or so.

When I look on zap map I'm never quite sure whether some charge points are limited to residents only.

Any ideas from anyone familiar with the area or who has done this before? All input welcome and appreciated.

Cheers

Graham
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Just wondering whether anybody has had experience of charging in the area around The Barbican Centre.

Heading up with the family next weekend, be arriving late afternoon and leaving 8.30pm ish.

I'm guessing I'll be at around 35-40% remaining (Leaf30), so the perfect situation would be a 3.5/7kw charger within 15 mins walk where I can charge for 3 hours or so.

When I look on zap map I'm never quite sure whether some charge points are limited to residents only.

Any ideas from anyone familiar with the area or who has done this before? All input welcome and appreciated.

Cheers

Graham
Under “At this Location” on Zap-Map, it says if there are any restrictions and if it’s for Barbican residents only. Have you thought about where you could park, and how much that would cost?

Apparently there are six charging points in Car Park 3 Weekend special rate if you arrive after 4pm is £9. Security need to turn on and off the free chargers.
Reactions: 1
There's a number of Ubricity points around Spitalfields, but it is a while since I used them and I fear that they might be very popular given the recent increase in EV uptake without commensurate increase in charge point provision.
Cheers folks. There seem to be some in the Barbican itself, eg loads of BP Pulse at Breton House car park, but I can't see whether that is a CP for the public or just residents. Zap map does suggest no restrictions and they appear on the bp pulse app, but they seem to be zero cost, just a connection charge of 1.20.

I'm guessing parking charges will be required on top but again looking on street view any entrance seems to state private car park.

London Wall car park looks promising as it's close, seems to have lots of points and I can actually see a way in. Plus after early afternoon on a Saturday it's a flat rate of £4 to park.
This one turned into a mare! I won't be doing that again in a hurry, too many variables. Grotty BP pulse destination chargers at London Wall, didn't work despite the app and helpline operator saying they were charging. Local rapids also out of action. Rescued by Pod Point in Kensington on the way home. Love me my pod points.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.