Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Got my model 4 yesterday. Tried to charge at Ikea as a test run on a Ecotricity unit. All seemed fine except the charger said it was waiting for the vehicle to request charging and the car showed 3 flashing green lights inside the windscreen. Any ideas please?

Used a Pod Point at Lidl later no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Hi there @Badger, welcome to the forum. Hope you are enjoying the car? I certainly find it fun to drive. :)

On p.38 of the manual, 3 flashing lights means 'Error whilst charging'. It's highly likely that it was the charger that was busted and not the e-niro. Sadly, many of the Ecotricity units are. You'll find many complaints about them here. It's probably best to avoid them if at all possible.

Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
I don鈥檛 know how relevant this might be but, speaking to the customer support for Engie (a West Yorkshire public charger network). She sounded very helpful and asked me which EV I鈥檓 getting (ENiro 4).

She then said a good tip with this car is to (despite the standard instructions) do the charger on screen stuff with app or RFID before actually plugging in the car. She said the Kia tends to time out sooner than others if you plug in firstly and if you're a bit slow on the charger screen bit, resulting in a failed charger handshake. She said this happens all the time.

I haven鈥檛 even got mine yet so can't verify any of this, but it seemed worthy of a mention anyway.

Peter

Registered
ECOTRICITY !!!! Isn't it appalling that our UK infrastructure has been allowed to crumble from day one. I partly persuaded my daughter and her husband to buy an EV but my name was mud last week when they went from Cheshire to stay around Bath for a few days. Plethora of apps and separate accounts to be set up and non working Ecotricity charge points drove them daft. It's not range anxiety we suffer, its charge point anxiety.

Registered
I'm making my first long excursion in the e-niro next week. I'm headed for St.Ives in Cornwall which, according to Zap Map, is over 360 miles from North Manchester. In an attempt to avoid range anxiety I've earmarked 7 potential chargers on the way and NONE of them are Ecotricity. :cool:

I'm a 'belt and braces' kinda guy. 馃槃

Registered
I think you鈥檒l find that charging is a bit of a novelty at first Badger and it鈥檚 not a bad idea initially to get used to trying out different types of charger and apps etc.

You鈥檒l soon come to realise that being a slave to finding / using every possible charger is not a sensible use of your time.

The range is enormous unless you鈥檙e regularly doing long distance trips, just enjoy the car doing zero emission miles and live life doing other more enjoyable things rather than wrestling with plugs and cables 馃槣

1 - 6 of 6 Posts