Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the morning I had a Temp signal combined with battery icon come on and power was limited, however it went off once I arrived at work. At work, I was able to charge the car fully. Then in the afternoon, while on the highway the warning "electrical fault" & "Charging not possible" came on while driving. The car was not able to regenerate while braking but otherwise fine to drive. I tried to charge at home but charging not possible to start. Now I have disconnected the negative terminal and will try if an overnight reset works. Anyone else with similar problem or how they solved it?

Car is a 2013 Zoe

Thanks

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
1,046 Posts
hard to tell unless you get a diagnostics adaptor on it and read any DTC error codes - other than that when was the 12v battery under the bonnet last replaced ?

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,816 Posts
A long battery disconnect is usually not needed. Closing the car, NOT trying to charge and walking away for 10 minutes usually does the trick when the proverbial knickers are in a twist.

Agree with @Andy-Zoé-User The recommended 12V battery change interval is 3 years. While this is pretty conservative IMHO, after 5 years it is not a question anymore.

No trickle charging when the car is asleep. And it doesn't help against a battery with bad capacity anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Product Font Technology Computer Display device

Rectangle Font Publication Technology Gas

After reconnecting over night still issue there, so I called oamtc later in the day, issue was still there...then by the time he came 1hr later the fault was magically gone and could recharge, but I had him check the codes anyhow and he read out the following, anything to learn here? Also can someone recommend a Bluetooth OBD2 device which works with the Zoe that I can read out via phone canze? Rectangle Font Publication Technology Gas

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have now been able to clear the "charging impossible" by leaving car off/unplugged (but with doors unlocked) for 5-10min, red light goes away...however now it trips my house charger during "ongoing check" before charging, tried on another house charger at neighbor, also trips that one, tried different cables, changed 12v battery. Still waiting for my code reader to come (local shops didnt have) as I had to order. Lets see, otherwise may be time to take to Renault...afraid what they will find this time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts