Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Castlederg's #SC69 charger is about 1/2 hour from Me,and it should be a charging option travelling north west-ish from here,passing from Fermanagh,through Tyrone,and into Derry/Londonderry...Unfortunately,I have yet to get a charge from it,as Each and every time I tried it from my first roadtrip attempt the weekend I got the Zoe until yesterday evening it has given me a CNP error..The helpdesk folks have assured me Engineers are on the case,they've done remote access,restarts..nuthin. The time before last,it wouldn't communicate at all..the units usually give a confident loud "beep" when I present the RFID card..that time,it sounded muted,and wouldn't even recognise my card,open a port,or even respond to the remote access commands..back to SNAFU yesterday..
They mentioned NornIron Electric (provider) and Renault were both on the case..they can't have come up with anything yet as the last few months of experience have shown..Has Anyone else,whether locally near me or Nationally,had the same problem with one particular machine?(It's a Siemens,if that helps..) I know others have had the CNP issue,but not sure if it was one machine or the car was the problem..thanks for input!

·
Registered
346 Posts
That should read "BATTERY CHARGE IMPOSSIBLE" and yes it is the scourge of the Renault Zoe.

Zoe is very fussy when it come to the charge point earth impedance which must be below 150ohms for a charge to take place.
If your Zoe charges successfully elsewhere then I would steer clear of the Castlederg charger until it is repaired as it can cause all weird and wonderful things to happen to Zoe's battery charge computer, yes been there with lots of tears!

ps Love N Ireland, wife is a Coleraine lass

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That should read "BATTERY CHARGE IMPOSSIBLE" and yes it is the scourge of the Renault Zoe.

Zoe is very fussy when it come to the charge point earth impedance which must be below 150ohms for a charge to take place.
If your Zoe charges successfully elsewhere then I would steer clear of the Castlederg charger until it is repaired as it can cause all wears and wonderful things to happen to Zoe's battery charge computer, yes been there with lots of tears!

ps Love N Ireland, wife is a Coleraine lass
Was not aware encountering this issue could be problematic for the car..thanks!
I was checking out this charger as I'm considering a trip to the Portrush airshow this weekend, so will be passing through Coleraine !

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Good advice from my perspective. I've had the same problem with a rapid near me - a DBT unit at Wynyard park. I've reported it a couple of times, but there's still a problem which I think is with the earthing. I get a minute or two of charge (whilst the current ramps-up) then all stop, and battery charge impossible warning.
I just steer clear now, there are plenty of other options to charge nearby.
One thing I wouldn't do is to keep trying to charge at the same dodgy unit - I did this 3 times once, then regretted it as Zoe gave up and wouldn't charge at all for an hour.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good advice from my perspective. I've had the same problem with a rapid near me - a DBT unit at Wynyard park. I've reported it a couple of times, but there's still a problem which I think is with the earthing. I get a minute or two of charge (whilst the current ramps-up) then all stop, and battery charge impossible warning.
I just steer clear now, there are plenty of other options to charge nearby.
One thing I wouldn't do is to keep trying to charge at the same dodgy unit - I did this 3 times once, then regretted it as Zoe gave up and wouldn't charge at all for an hour.
I have family in the Castlederg area and visiting them is the reason I kept going back to this one..I'm just glad I only ever called in here to try for an opportunity charge,as I'd be leaving home with a full charge and would be arriving with more than enough for the return trip or the range to get to the next couple of chargers (e.g,Strabane,12 miles away..) I'd just like to hear from someone who may have been able to charge here..maybe the Leaf is less fussy..? I wouldn't usually make repeated attempts to clear a charger problem..It's only for the sake of flagging the issue I'd report it now..I think I'd better start reporting such events to the dealer too,if ECar is keeping Renault and the power Co. in the loop for a possible fix..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts