Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 40kwh Leaf and an EO mini pro charger controlled by the EV Juicenet app. I have the app timer set-up so that it charges in the early hours of the morning.

Over recent months whenever I plug-in the cable, the app fires out a multitude of notifications that charging has started, despite it being outside of the time of use settings. Last night, I had 22 notifications when I should only have had 2, start and stop. To top it off, from 7am this morning when the battery was full, I had a further 16 to say charging had started. It's as if it's on steroids! The notifications are becoming a real annoyance as the car will beep outside multiple times and it does draw a small amount of charge each time, which is wasteful.

On the plus side it does charge up! The car was recently serviced by my local Nissan dealer and for completeness, the app is version 3.1.458.

Neither the app developers nor EO have come up with a solution to this issue. We've also tried synching the car's timer and the app's timer but it's just the same.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
I use a non-smart charger and the timer in the car. When I first plug in, the car calls for charge for a few seconds - I’m guessing to check availability and charging speed. As far as the charger is concerned it’s just done a charge start and charge stop. If it were capable of sending notifications, I would expect two when I plug in and then one each for the actual start and stop.

What you’re getting sounds crazy.

·
Registered
Leaf e+
199 Posts
This is almost certainly an issue with the charger (or cable). It sounds to me like it's loosing the connection, and starting the charge again once the pulse signal is detected. I had a rapid do this to my car once, but not an AC point as yet.

I personally would stop using this, as who knows what longer term damage this could do to the AC charge system on the car, or batteries... To rule out the car or cable, try charging the car on a public charging post and see if you get the notifications.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts