Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May be heading that way soon, anyone have experience at Westover charging their LEAF on the rapid?

Will probably drop them a line ahead of time if we need to use it and may even resort to my "ex-local" status to avoid being exposed as the freeloading grockle that I am.

·
Registered
551 Posts
They are 'good guys' no need to feign anything other than rubber neck status :).

Also they are across the road from renault + peugeot EV garage (same group) AND there is a BWM ev dealer 500m down road.

The only thing I dont know is out of hours options. However there is a waitrose nearby (Ashley Road, Poole) with 4 x polar / chargemaster set to 'free vend' and various excellent ZCW sites ALL within 2/3 miles.

If stuck late, and down on juice I can offer 32A from Commando (and errr. 'uprated' 3 pin :)

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the Waitrose have type-2? Basically being lazy and last minute for some holiday ideas, likely New Forest as base and would like to get over to Poole and even Sandbanks etc if there's enough infrastructure around. Seems do-able as long as we don't go too far into deepest darkest Dorset?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yes, all these are type 2 (or rapid at/near Nissan),
from New forest side the ZCW at:
Castlepoint Centre Shopping centre .. B&Q boots, next etc etc (so my wife says :)
Yeomans Way
Bournemouth, Dorset BH8 9UB
is probably easiest to get to and use.

Zap Map & ZCW maps seem pretty accurate in Dorset

1 - 5 of 5 Posts