Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my Leaf for just over a year now. I use the USB connector virtually everytime I go out to charge my phone, but whenever I connect it when my radio is on, it automatically starts playing the first song in my phones music library. I appreciate that it recognises it as an iPod, and I sometimes use it in this manner, as the Bluetooth connection for playing music doesn’t always work every time, but it is slightly infuriating if I forget, to always have to press the button to return to the radio. Does anyone know how to prevent this happening, and which settings and where they are, to turn this off?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’ve had my Leaf for just over a year now. I use the USB connector virtually everytime I go out to charge my phone, but whenever I connect it when my radio is on, it automatically starts playing the first song in my phones music library. I appreciate that it recognises it as an iPod, and I sometimes use it in this manner, as the Bluetooth connection for playing music doesn’t always work every time, but it is slightly infuriating if I forget, to always have to press the button to return to the radio. Does anyone know how to prevent this happening, and which settings and where they are, to turn this off?
Best to use a USB adaptor in the "cigarette lighter" socket. It will avoid this problem and charge at a higher rate.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
As @Paul W says because the systems USB is so low powered it barely keeps an iPhone at a level charge rate never mind increase it.
But in answer to your question I would assume it would be a setting on your phone rather than the media console.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, I have noticed that if you connect your smart phone to USB first, then turn the car on - the phone asks for the PIN number - enter the PIN - the car connects via blue tooth and the phone starts to charge.

If you have the radio set, using this method means the radio stays on and doesn't automatically start start playing the first song in the music library.

Also disagree with the earlier post about charging speed, my iPhone charges very quickly.

Come on Nissan, we shouldn't have all this hassle, the Hyundai Kona has cordless phone charging.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts