Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My usual route to Glasgow from Newcastle is A69 - M74. Does anyone know of any charging points between Haltwhistle (NE49 9PJ) on the A69, and the Roadchef at Annandale Water (DG11 1HD) on the M74? It looks to me like there is nothing, (except a renault dealership) for 52 miles. With a full load of wife/luggage/kids it looks a bit scary :( AND what if I got there and the roadchef point was ICE'd or knacked? It's looks to me like we will need to travel up the east coast via Edinburgh to get to glasgow

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That's interesting. Open Charge Map lists an ASDA, St. Nicholas Gate Retail Park in Carlisle but it's not listed on Asda's website. It's a hopeful though!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Not much up that way at the moment.

There is a ZeroNet type2 at Orton Grange, just west of Carlisle.

There is a Chargemaster type2 at ASDA, St. Nicholas Gate Retail Park, Carlisle

That is about it AFAICS.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
That's interesting. Open Charge Map lists an ASDA, St. Nicholas Gate Retail Park in Carlisle but it's not listed on Asda's website. It's a hopeful though!
I got that from OCM and then confirmed it on the Chargemaster web site. If it is not there or not working then someone please let us know so we can update OCM accordingly :) ta.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Asda one is there and working but the Orton Grange one is easier to access and there's a really nice cafe and gift shop there. It's free and powered by wind and shouldn't be iced because there's posts and chains keeping it separate.

There are 2 rapids going into Carlisle (one just off J44) that will make a huge difference but it's not likely before September/October.

Reactions: Kevin Sharpe

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks. I think I will wait for the rapids with asda/orton grange as plan b and c

1 - 6 of 6 Posts