Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I bought a 2019 ex demo 28kWh Ioniq in September, and just got my home charger installed on Friday (Zappi V2 Tethered).

Until now, I've been using public chargers. The installers did their job well and the car charged fine when they plugged it in.

I wanted to try the timed charging and climate settings last night, so I set departure time at 8am, climate at 22 degrees and connected the charger, turned off the car and locked it.

This morning, the car wasn't charged and the Zappi said "waiting for EV".

I tried setting the Ioniq to charge now, but it's not charging. I made sure off peak charge settings etc are off and I pressed the button beside the charging cover release that makes it charge now, but the car won't charge. I also tried taking it to my local slow charger, plugged it in there and same result. Charger is waiting for the car but the car doesn't want to draw any power.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is the charging cable locking in place when you lock the doors? Maybe try yanking the emergency release for the charging cable. If that doesn't help, try to "reset" the car by disconnecting a terminal from the 12V battery for a good while (one hour is surely enough).
I'm guessing the zappi charger initiated the charge when connected, then wouldn't restart when the cars schedule tried to start the charging (restart in this case).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Patteri!

The charging cable wasn't locking in place actually, so when I pulled the emergency release, it seems to have reset it, and when I plugged the charger in, I could hear the clunk as it locked in.

Car charging now!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I control charging from the Zappi and heating from the car. There's a setting on the Zappi which allows the charge to start / stop on schedule but, if the car isn't disconnected once full, draw from the Zappi again when the preconditioning time comes round.

If you get the hub, you can monitor / control the charge (but not the heater times) from the myenergi app.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts