Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Took delivery of my 330e this week. Waiting to get a dedicated socket installed but for the time being I'm charging using the 3 pin charger in a 16a socket wired direct to our fuse board at work.

Everytime I plug in to charge the car reverts to 6a charging. I then have to go into the car and change the charging setting to 10a which I believe is the max it can charge at.
The next time I charge the same thing happens, it reverts back to 6a.

Anyone else experienced that?

Other than that, it's an awesome car. Loving driving on electric and the max range of 25 miles suits me fine. 11 miles to work. Charge. Pop into town. Charge. Back to work. Charge. Etc.

Our electricity at work is included in our rates so its basically free to charge my car.

Registered
Sounds a good arrangement. 馃憤
You can set charging arrangements for individual locations using the Sat Nav's stored locations. Presumably you haven't bothered storing work as you know how to get there without Sat Nav :rolleyes: but it's worth it to avoid resetting it each time.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, that's handy to know. Thanks.

I'll check that out tomorrow.

I use Waze as my sat nav as police cameras, accidents and traffic are reported better than the in car nav.

Registered
The charging brick may also be detecting 6a as it鈥檚 safest charging rate.
I charged mine whilst visiting a mate over the weekend, and we could only find an extension lead to get to the charging point. Without messing around in the car settings, I noticed the brick showed only 2 of the 5 or 6 leds that come on when charging, and it took 4 hours not 2! At home direct from the plug socket it鈥檚 always at max.

Loving mine too - managing 1/3 to 1/2 of my commute on electric power, but when I want a bit of fun, pop it into sport mode and leave most cars behind you at traffic lights! Last 拢40 tank fill lasted a good 727 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts