Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Charging Questions

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Stef63 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Apologies for the simple questions but this is my first jump into being a EV owner....

When charging the ZS, I can see there is a charge notification on the dash to tell me how much it's charging by but how do I get that to stay on or if that is not possible, turn it back on me to check?

Also if I was at a public charge point, would it be ok for me to charge while having the car powered on or is it better to keep it off?

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
You can get the display to come on for a few moments if you open the boot (yes I know it's the 1st of April tomorrow, but this is not a joke), but you have to be quick to see or have better eyesight than me to see it from the boot.

Reactions: Ripspark
#5 ·
I suppose if you have the latest BMS update you should be able to open the door to see it. (?????)

Reactions: Ripspark
#8 ·
You can turn the car on when charging, press the start button twice (so the green led is on, not the orange). You can scroll through all the menus then, use the heated seats, heater, stereo etc too. It just won't drive (which you'd expect when plugged in). When you turn off it will show the charging screen again.

Or invest in OVMS and you can check the app at your hearts content while the car is charging.

#9 ·
Hi all,

Apologies for the simple questions but this is my first jump into being a EV owner....

When charging the ZS, I can see there is a charge notification on the dash to tell me how much it's charging by but how do I get that to stay on or if that is not possible, turn it back on me to check?

Also if I was at a public charge point, would it be ok for me to charge while having the car powered on or is it better to keep it off?

Thanks in advance!
Manual says you can turn the car on to see this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.