Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Home charger and 7.4kw all work nicely. I have tried several 22kw chargers but only get about 3.6kw. Any idea why.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Are the 22kW chargers actually rated or setup as 22kW??>

If they are 3 phase but limited to 16A per phase (ie they have been installed as 11kW chargers) that would be your answer.

Is the 22kW what is on ZapMap (not reliable) or the charge providers / charger owners own website?

You probably want to find a Zoe that is charging at the same charger and find what power they can draw.

Alternatively start a thread for the specific 22kW post you use and ask for feedback from Zoe owners that use that post.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Home charger and 7.4kw all work nicely. I have tried several 22kw chargers but only get about 3.6kw. Any idea why.
I have not used 22kw but I can recommend the CCS chargers (50kw) that they have at Morrisons. I have used 3 different ones in different parts of the country this week. They are Genie and you prepay on line. Apologies if you know all this already.

·
Registered
876 Posts
the e-Niro doesn't support 3 phase AC charging, so you'll only get 7kW ish at best on mains.

3 phase is relatively rare in british houses, more common in european, which might explain why the Zoe and the i3 have 3 phase charging (or at least some models), please correct me if I'm wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts