Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This summer I'm going to travel along the south coast of the UK with my family in my Leaf 2018.
Can anyone suggest what precautions I should make for being able to (rapid) charge my car?
e.g. do I need to subscribe with a provider and get a charging card?
This seems to be differently organized in the UK compared to my home country which is the Netherlands...

I attached a photo of the charging connections of my car

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
Most of the UK providers use their own app.

Charge your car cars is probably worth getting.
Also have a look at zap-map it will give you as pretty compressive map of the charging points, connections, networks, costs etc

Sent using Tapatalk (I'm on my phone so sorry for any auto correct screwups)

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, HS PHEV
2,895 Posts
You might want to sign up with Polar plus subscription service. It's free for 3 months and you only pay for charges.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Your starting point should be Zap Map - www.zap-map.com, preferably at home on your desktop/laptop as the display is obviously better than on a phone (they have an app too). Rapids are shown in magenta, or if mixed types, part magenta. Then follow your proposed route picking out the rapids you might use, and click on them to see who operates them. (I did notice a couple along the A27 operated by GeniePoint.)

When you've decided which ones you might use, check out the operator's web site to see what you need to do to register with them. As somebody else pointed out, a free Polar subscription might be a good idea as well, though as usually happens with these things, you'd need to be careful to cancel afterwards to avoid an automatic charge after the free period is over.

Another useful facility is Nissan Dealerships, many of whom have CHAdeMO, where Leaf owners can charge for free - it might be worth checking with your local dealer first that that would apply to you in the UK.

Prettige vakantie!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts