Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I thought the idea of Scheduled Departure was that the car would be warm and the batteries pre-conditioned for your departure time. Why, then, no matter what departure time you set, does the charge always end by 6am? I know, if you set 9am, the car then heats up at that time, but surely it would make more sense to also end the charge at 9am so that the battery is warm too?

I'm not on any special EV tarriff so there's no financial advantage to ending charging before 6am but I can't see any way to change the charging end time in the car or app.

Is this another "feature" (bug!) like cruise control setting your speed to the maximum speed limit instead of your current speed!

Registered
I thought the idea of Scheduled Departure was that the car would be warm and the batteries pre-conditioned for your departure time. Why, then, no matter what departure time you set, does the charge always end by 6am? I know, if you set 9am, the car then heats up at that time, but surely it would make more sense to also end the charge at 9am so that the battery is warm too?

I'm not on any special EV tarriff so there's no financial advantage to ending charging before 6am but I can't see any way to change the charging end time in the car or app.

Is this another "feature" (bug!) like cruise control setting your speed to the maximum speed limit instead of your current speed!
If you read the instructions for the car (Owners Manual) you will see that Tesla aims to complete charging before the end of what it sees as the cheaper charging period. I guess that is 6:00 in America.

I find the Owners Manual a useful source of accurate and informative information about my car and recommend you have a look. It can be accessed from the T screen or within your online account. 馃榾

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. I read that in the manual but why not allow drivers to change the default 6am end time? It makes no sense unless you have a tarriff which specifies that end time for cheaper rates of electricity.

Registered
Yes. I read that in the manual but why not allow drivers to change the default 6am end time? It makes no sense unless you have a tarriff which specifies that end time for cheaper rates of electricity.
I agree and the request has been made several times. But feel free to request again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts