Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed on my Leaf e+ that if I return to my car when it’s hooked up to a public charge post that if I unlock it the charging pauses...? Have I missed a setting I need to tweak to disable this. My Wife’s leaf 40 doesn’t do this nor any of my previous leafs

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
992 Posts
It's a fairly common thing on cars fitted with type 2 connectors these days to make it easier to unplug them. Unlock the car and the charging port will unlock too, dropping the charge rate very low or pausing it completely, meaning its safe to pull the cable out.

I've not heard of this in the LEAF before but Hyundai and Kia do this, and MG for example will ONLY charge when the car is locked. So it wouldn't surprise me if it's a new feature that Nissan added in later software too.

·
Registered
594 Posts
With regards the 62KWh, I have only charged type 2 on my home charger and locking and unlocking has no effect on charging. On checking the manual there is no reference to car locking interfering with charging. The only thing that makes a difference between charging at home and charging on a external post is the setting for “charge timer only at HOME” although the unlocking of vehicle should not have any effect, even with this setting activated, its the only thing I can come up with, clutching at straws, here, sorry.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello Renwich. As per Gosport Dave, simply unlocking my car (62 kwh) when it's charging doesn't halt the charge. It does if I press the charge cap unlock on the key fob or on the dashboard button, but not if I just unlock the doors.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My previous 40 leaf had odd habits with type 2 charging. If car doors were locked when charge was started would stop charging after a couple of minutes.
If car was unlocked during charging session always stopped.

Dealer understood above but never got information to stop the problems from Nissan to fix before I sold the car.

Nissan move at their own speed , on present car waited over three months pre Covid for warranty parts to arrive. Now fixed but oh so slow.

·
Registered
Leaf e+
177 Posts
Yep noticed this on occasion on my e+ too... Either stops charging depending on how the post handles or, or restarts charging. It did it today in fact on a public Polar charger. Does not seem to do it at home, but then that may be because I always use the cars timer at home...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ll take it to the dealer as also noticed today that when I first open the Nissan app to check charging status this also stops the charge.... arrgghh

·
Registered
Leaf e+
177 Posts
If it's any help to narrow things down for your dealer trip, I always have the "charge timer only at HOME" enabled / selected. I've found when the charging has stopped in the past, hitting the 'charge timer off' button next to the steering wheel will restart charging. Certainly seen it on CYC / Polar 7kW posts, don't ever recall seeing it on PodPoint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts