Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've set my car to only charging at 8 amps on the 110v charger (it's all I've ever used at home). Since we only go out every few days at most. Still have a fully charged B for bringing home the bacon, eggs, cheese, tp (bogroll), paper towels, sugar, flour.....etc..

Also, it's way more fun to drive on the roads with so few cars when I do go out. I can really let it roll down hills without regen and coast for about 2 miles in one stretch heading to the store.

·
Paul Harrington
41 Posts
Hi Ron, I think I have only driven around 40 miles in the past 2 months- My traction battery is at 48% and I haven't plugged in to charge the battery since mid March. I did have a concern over the health of the 12v battery and following this video (
) from a friend of mine (I bought my first 2 EV's from him and trust him for impartial advice) I did buy online a maintenance charger in order to ensure that the 12v battery doesn't deteriorate from lack of use. I do not know when the 12v battery was changed, so considered this a wise move for £20GBP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts